♡ CXCVIII ♡

Oh hiii everyone! We're back with the second chapter of this story - chapter 198!!

Almost at 200 chapters 🥹 can't believe it

Also!! 6 PM GMT on Thursday should be the time they're dropping the new TOP song!! Sooo excited for that 🥹 I can't freaking wait but also I'm terrified and anxious but Imma be so in love with whatever they're gonna do next.

Anyways! Here's the new chapter! Thank you all for being here and voting on last chapter! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter too! Please don't forget to leave a like and I'd love to hear your opinion on this chapter. Super excited for you to read this and everything that's next, please enjoy ♥️

Word count: 3923

~~

For most of the time that followed, during their party or get-together, Tyler and Josh didn't talk. Josh was trying to have fun and enjoy his time with his friends since most of them were leaving very soon, but he couldn't do so fully 'cause he and Tyler hadn't said a word to each other anymore. At one point Tyler had come back and rejoined the rest and whenever Tyler would come near Josh, Josh's heart would stop and he wasn't sure how to act anymore. He felt like he couldn't act normally. He didn't know what to say to Tyler, whether to pretend that nothing was going on or that he had to confront Tyler - well, mostly confront himself - about it so he could fix it. He didn't know.

He just kind of tried to not be too close to where Tyler was, in those moments. He didn't know how else to do it. He wanted to apologize but he was also scared of apologizing. That was one of the worst things about anxiety; sometimes he said sorry way too much, and sometimes he couldn't say it at all because it was making him so anxious.

As Josh was talking to Gracie, Jona, Fred, Kit and Elisabeth, while trying to pretend that everything was fine, suddenly Tyler came up to them and stopped. Josh swallowed difficultly as he glanced at Tyler; his eyes caught Josh's, and he didn't look away in time for Tyler to not say anything. "Hey", Tyler said.

Josh felt like he was gonna burst into tears because of how anxious he was feeling. "Hi", he swallowed difficultly. "We're out of Red Bull. I'm gonna get more. Wanna come?" Tyler asked as he held the keys of Steve's car in his hand, toying with them slightly. Josh didn't reply right away. "...M-me?" He asked softly. "'Course you, silly", Tyler said. Josh felt his cheeks heat up a little bit.

"O-okay", he said softly. "C'mon then", Tyler said as he motioned at Josh for him to come with him. Josh looked at Fred. "We'll see you in a bit", he smiled. Josh nodded softly as he gave them a small wave, then he followed Tyler into the house.

As they walked to the car, both of them didn't speak. They went through the front door - still, they didn't speak. Tyler unlocked the car and they got in, both without saying a word. He started the car, pulled out of the driveway; only when they drove past the gate and on to the road, Tyler spoke.

"I'm sorry", he said. "Wh- what for", Josh replied. "I was the- the one who snapped at you", he said. "I'm sorry." But Tyler shook his head when Josh apologized. "No, no I was rambling and pushing you too much. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't stop when you so clearly wanted me to stop talking about it. I should've just dropped it but I didn't. It's my fault", Tyler said. "...didn't expect you to snap at me though", he said with a soft laugh as he gently shook his head. "...but I'm glad you did, 'cause it made me realize that I was doing something very wrong. I'm really sorry for that J, for pushing you too much, for trying to ask questions you didn't want to answer or expecting a different answer that would be closer to my own answer, instead of what you feel, because I didn't understand it myself, and I didn't stop. I genuinely wanna apologize for that 'cause I feel really bad about it", Tyler said.