♡ CCXVII ♡

Hello friends, weekly Wednesday update!

Been writing quite a lot and I've been loving it so much! Excited where the story is going and I hope you are too ♥️

Don't have much to say this time except thank you for being here and I'd love it if you could leave a vote to let me know you're here 🫶🏻

Please enjoy this chapter! Really hope to hear your thoughts on it. I'll see you again this Friday with another chapter ♥️

Word count: 3791

~~

"I'm gonna go for a smoke baby. Wanna come or you wanna stay here? Think it's pretty cold out", Tyler said. "I'll come, I don't mind", Josh said. Tyler smiled and he leaned in to kiss Josh's cheek. Then he untangled his legs from Josh's and he got up, stretching his arms as he let out a yawn. "Oh man", he sighed. "Aside from the nightmare, I slept great", he said with a chuckle. "Sucks that it had to end like that."

"It did look like you were sleeping well", Josh smiled. Steve and Luke said so too. "Ah man they spied on me too huh", he joked. "C'mon baby", Tyler said as he laced his fingers with Josh's and he led him on to the balcony. Tyler lit a cigarette and he stood at the balustrade, leaning on it as he overlooked the city. Josh stood next to him, slightly shivering. Tyler noticed. "C'mon, get in here", he chuckled. Josh blushed and he scooted over, bumping into Tyler gently. The warmth radiating from Tyler's body definitely helped. Tyler wrapped his arm around Josh to keep him closer and warmer. "Are you sure you're okay with not going to bed?" Tyler asked. "I'm not tired", Josh smiled. "Totally fine with that."

"Good", Tyler replied as he kissed Josh's hair. "Can't believe I slept for so long", he said. "What do you wanna do?" he asked. "I... don't know", Josh said. "Maybe you can play the game? Or we could continue the tv show", Josh said. "...or we go for a walk?" Tyler asked. "...What do you mean?" Josh asked. "It's past 3 AM, it's a random week day... There's always the chance of people being awake but it's nowhere near what it is earlier in the night or throughout the day", Tyler said.

"But isn't it, like... dangerous?" Josh asked. Tyler took a drag from his cigarette. "I guess it's not without danger, and I know Detroit is notorious for being unsafe, but... this is a generally safe area", Tyler said. "plus, people exaggerate. It's not like you step outside and are shot in the head", he added. "The media kind of exaggerates too I think. If we don't go looking for trouble, like trying to buy drugs or get laid, the chance that something will happen especially in this area, is really small", he said, and Josh let out a laugh. "Not looking to get laid or get illegal drugs from a stranger indeed", he giggled, and Tyler smiled. "Exactly", he smiled. "I know Steve and Luke and Mike will probably hat me if we go outside and they find out, but... it'll be too late anyways, we'll already be back", Tyler shrugged.

"...unless you don't want to, for whatever reason it might be. I definitely won't go on my own and I really do not wanna go if you don't", Tyler added.

"...I mean, I would like it", he blushed. "I'd enjoy it." "Are you sure?" Tyler smiled and Josh nodded. Tyler pecked his cheek. "I'll grab you my jacket", he told him as he finished the cigarette and he extinguished it. He then went inside, leaving Josh by the balustrade.

As he came back, he held the jacket open for Josh to get his arms into the sleeves. "Alright little lovebird, you think that's good enough to stay warm?" Tyler asked as he looked into Josh's eyes. It made Josh blush.

Lovebird.

"I think so", Josh nodded, still blushing. Tyler smiled. "Perfect. Let me close up and then we can go", Tyler said as he grabbed Josh's hand and he lead him inside. He locked up and they went down to the main level and out of the building. Tyler's hand was still holding Josh's, and it made him blush. Tyler had the hood of his hoodie on his head, so he was less recognizable, but definitely not for Josh.