♡ CCXXII ♡

Hi friends sorry for my late update but it's here! And it's cute I think!

I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts and thank you for the votes ♥️ makes me happy!

Just make sure you've read yesterday's chapter before this one as it seems there's still people who haven't read it. Just don't forget to read that one first bc it's a super cute one!!

I was working today but again had to go home sick so 🥲 that sucks haha. Hopefully I'll start actually getting better properly now.

I'd love it if you could leave a like on this chapter and if you could leave a comment that would be even greater! Thank you for being here, I'll be responding to your comments soon so keep them coming!!

Please enjoy this chapter 🫶🏻

Word count: 4218

~~

After about two-thirds of the movie playing on the TV, Steve and Tyler fell asleep. "They definitely drank more than they were supposed to", Lucas chuckled, and Josh smiled softly. "Yeah, they really did", he giggled. "Oh well, they've got no obligations anyways. I don't mind", he said. "Me neither", Josh said as he gently ran his fingers along Tyler's soft cheek, his other hand still intertwined with Steve's.

"Your birthday is in June, right?" Lucas then asked. Josh nodded. "Tyler will be playing shows then, unfortunately. But I'll be visiting my family that month because my grandma in LA also has her birthday in June. Maybe we can meet up when I'm there", he said. Josh looked up at him with a smile. "Really?" he asked. "'Course", Lucas smiled. "I'd really love that", Josh said, feeling a wave of assurance wash over him. Lucas already wanting to make plans with Josh for in about two months, felt great. Then they truly meant that they wante to keep Josh in their lives.

"Colin and Fred said they'd be visiting you for your birthday", Lucas remembered, and Josh nodded. "So uh... what about... about Jenna? And Jonathon?" Lucas asked. Josh tensed up a little, his heart stopping for a moment.

"Uh w-what about them?" Josh asked after he cleared his throat. "Are they... also invited?" Lucas asked. Josh cleared his throat again. "Uh- uhm, n-no, nope", he said. Lucas hummed. "...can I ask why, baby?" He askd. Josh didn't reply right away. He didn't know what to say. Did he truly have a good reason not to invite them other than that he was scared they'd hate him or hold a grudge against him for casting them out, especially after he had promised Jonathon he wouldn't do so?

It wasn't like Josh casted them out because he disliked them, or they had a falling out. That wasn't the case at all. None of that happened. Josh pushed them out because he was ashamed of himself, and his relationship with Dustin, while none of his friends truly approved of that and he didn't want two more people to bother him with trying to have him break up with Dustin and tell him how he was making a mistake. Yeah, it turned out they were all right, and he should've listened to them, but he didn't know it at the time. He didn't want them to all question Josh's choice and try to tell him what was best for him, even though now he wished he did.

He couldn't go back in time to change that and listen, and Josh was too scared to confront them about it. He was too scared to tell them that they had been right all along and he should've listened. He didn't know how to do it. So he simply didn't. He didn't let them be in his life anymore. He was content with it, though sometimes he missed them, but he'd gotten used to it by now.

Lucas, though, thought it was a shame that they weren't friends anymore. He felt like Josh really could use them, he could really use his friends in LA - if they still lived there. He didn't know. He wished Josh was able to give them a chance to get back into his life, but he knew Josh was truly struggling with that.