♡ CCI ♡

Hiii friends! New chapter!

Little later than usual but actually also a little earlier than I initially thought I'd be able to upload the new chapter haha. Hii! Still loving overcompensate? I've streamed it 679x now 🥹 (and the edit 17 times but I try to just stream the regular one lol)

Excited for you to read this chapter! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. I know I promised I'd make it up to you this chapter but I actually made a mistake, it's next chapter lol but I won't spoil anything else so just please enjoy reading and I'd loooove to hear your thoughts on this! Thank you so much for being here, means the world, much love!! ♥️♥️

Word count: 3514

~~

"Hi Ty", Lucas said with a soft smile as Tyler walked back out on to the balcony again. "Hi", he said, scratching the back of his elbow. He saw that Josh was in between Steve and Lucas, a blanket over his legs, cuddled up to Lucas specifically but his legs were resting against Steve. He felt another feeling of jealousy, but he didn't know what he was jealous of; was he jealous that Josh could cuddle up to his best friends while Tyler could really use that right now; or was he jealous that he was not one of the people Josh was cuddling up to? He hated that he was jealous and had that thought, and he sighed softly, wanting to push that thought away. He didn't even know exactly what was making him jealous.

"Uhm... where were we?" Tyler asked as he sat down on the couch - alone, as Josh was sitting with Tyler's soulmates. "We're... continuing the game right?" He asked. "I... sure, yeah", Lucas said. He looked over at Josh, who nodded softly. "You wanna stay here?" He asked Josh softly, but Josh shook his head. "N-no, it- it's fine", he said softly. Lucas hugged Josh tightly and he pressed a firm kiss on his cheek. "Love you J", he said. "Love you too", Josh softly replied as he got up with his blanket and drink. He walked around the table so he didn't have to walk between Tyler's legs and the table - he wanted to avoid that. He then sat down in his spot, next to Tyler, but there was a much bigger gap between them than usual. Josh pulled his legs up on the couch again, the blanket covering them, making himself small and more protected. Tyler glanced at him and he saw that Josh's eyes were still raw and irritated because he'd been crying. Luckily, the actual crying had stopped.

"So... It was your turn, Ty", Steve said. "Mkay", Tyler replied, looking down at his hands. He didn't wanna look at Josh, 'cause he didn't know what to say or think or feel. It felt tense, and awkward, and he wished he could have another damn drink.

"Let's see... Here we go", Steve said. "What's the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?" he asked. Tyler hummed. "Lots of people seem to think I'm homophobic, for some reason", Tyler said. "Because of the religious undertones in some of my songs or earlier work. Don't get how that correlates but..." he shrugged. "And I've seen people assume I'm racist. Also don't know where they got that", he said. "Maybe 'cause I'm from Ohio or something but... neither of that is true in the slightest", he said. "Definitely not", Lucas and Steve both agreed.

"Alright baby, here's yours", Steve said to Lucas. "What is one dream you have yet to accomplish?" he asked. "Have babies", Lucas said. "Start a family of my own."

Josh smiled softly at that. Lucas was such a kindhearted and caring person. He could so easily visualize him being an incredible dad.

"Steve, if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?" Lucas then read aloud. "Uhm... my past addiction?" Steve said. "Other than that... right now, I'm pretty happy with who I am, so... I don't know", he said. "I guess if I could change one thing, it'd be to... not 'wait and see' so much, but actually speak my mind when I feel or think something", he said. Lucas hummed. He knew Steve meant how he didn't tell Tyler he was still in love with him but he was waiting for Tyler to come to him, and then it was too late. 'Cause both hadn't spoken their minds and had been waiting for each other, without telling the other.