Part 9 (2): Duty

Tw: mention of manipulation, fear of future
And I think there's nothing more for the Tw so enjoy!:)
_______________________________________

The next day Viktoria visited. She was really happy about Nanako's returning too and then sat down at the breakfast table with them. They ate a bit earlier so they could spend some time alone.

Itsuki didn't have a good sleep that night and was up early and because he was hungry, they let him sit at the table and eat breakfast as well.

"Hey Kate, I found something particular out and think y'all as rulers like you explained would like to hear." Nanako told them. They all looked curious to hear so Kate agreed.
"Basically, I remember a whole other life before my own. It's weird but I think I might have been reborn after dying in my past life." She explained. The others were in shock. Itsuki who looked horrified spoke up. "So... What if me and Viktoria later have to choose who can life again?..." He asked with his voice shaking. "I can't tell you if that's the case or not but it's a possibility." Kate said. "After all we rulers have important duties. That one might be yours. You shouldn't fret too much though. It's for later anyways so don't worry about it now." Kate tried to calm them down.

Itsuki felt too conflicted to calm down. He stood up and walked outside. There he met Lila. She was also already awake because she always gets up early. She ate breakfast later though. She approached Itsuki.

"You seem upset. What happened?" She asked. "I think my later duties are... Rather hard... I don't want to judge over people like that..." Itsuki sobbed because he had broken down in tears. "Then I have a solution for you! I will stay by your side and protect you forever!" Lila promised. "Are you for real? You don't need to do that. You don't even really talk to me." "Then let me start talking to you! Let's become friends." She said and reached out her hand for Itsuki to take. He of course gladly accepted it. "Thank you, Lila." Itsuki said and pulled her into a hug. "Nothing to thank me about. You're deserving of only the best because of how pure your being is. I will protect and help you no matter what oe how!" She exclaimed and smiled. "Pinky swear!" She reached her pinky out and Itsuki accepted making the swear sure. "Pinky swear." Itsuki replied having calmed down and even smiling now.

Later the day Michael was down in the basement again. "Hey Michael, whatcha doing?" Desmond asked looking ovr his shoulder. "Nothing special. I just wanna make Caramel because some of the other kids want sweets and we don't have enough money for that. He explained. "You know, down here isn't exactly the best place to make sweets. Most of the substances I create here a toxic." Desmond said sighing. "But well, that's your decision." He decided and sat down at his desk chair.

"Michael, have you ever thought of doing something evil? Like maybe defeating powerful rulers just to get some power too." Desmond carefully asked. "Well, I would find it pretty interesting to become an evil scientist. I don't know why but it would feel great to win over someone greater." Michael answered still making the caramel. Desmond grinned. "Wanna join my army then? We wanna fight against the others here that got more power than deserved." Desmond walked over to him and put his hands on his shoulders. "You'd be perfect..."

Michael thought for a bit. He would like to join him but is also worried about the possibility consequences. After a while of thinking he finally decided. "I will join. It definitely seems more fun to be seen as am equal by you than the babying Kate gives us 5 year old's." He decided and grinned too. "Who's also in there?" Michael asked curiosly. "Well, we have the great Lydia, me, you and Rachel. We aren't that much people yet, but one day we will. Trust me." Desmond said and went back in his corner.

Im the evening meeting that the 10 friends always had Lila and Itsuki decided to tell the others their idea. "Guys how about we make groups to act in different situations when danger or possibly villians are approaching? Itsuki and I thought it would be a good idea since everyone can be safe that way while still doing their duty!" Lila explained making sure to explain it slow enough so that everyone would understand.

The others considered that idea and nodded. "That's an awesome idea! We should definitely talk about it in our next meeting tomorrow!" Viktoria said. "We'll do exactly that." Kate said and smiled.

Lydia and Desmond who have again been standing in the corner looked at each other. If they become stronger then Desmond and Lydia also had to work on their army to keep up with the others.
_______________________________________
Only 1 more chapter before the next arc yay:))
Norman out!