Chapter 12 - Break up?

Virat was quite happy when he reached their home. But his smile faltered immediately as he stopped at their doorstep.

He could hear Ritika yelling quiye furiously which was very rare.

It's not she did not shout, she had learned very well that she needed to do that among the boys.

But it wasn't with so much anger. He hesitated when he heard Ritika still yelling "How could you do this Rohit?"

And he could hear the hurt in her voice which confused her. Rohit and her have had fights but this seemed something way serious.

"Ritsy please listen to me why are you not trusting me?" He heard Rohit saying at a lower voice.

He could hear the desperation and a tinge of frustation and disbelief in his voice.

He had started to panic a bit now and decided that his intervention was needed.

When he entered the scene in front of him broke his heart. Ritika was sitting at the dining table sobbing.

Rohit tried to approach her and keeping his hand on her shoulder when Ritika looked at him sharply.

"Don't touch me, stay away from me. God knows who those hands have touched." She said her voice hoarse from all the crying.

Virat could see the last straw of sanity leaving Rohit's body when he said "What the hell Ritika? How could you say that? Do you trust some photos and some half conversation more than me?"

Ritika just furiously rubbed her face and got up to leave. Both of them saw Virat and Ritika gave him one look which he couldn't decipher.

Rohit looked utterly broken, like he had lost everything. "Ritika what's happening?" Virat asked.

"Virat I for the love of God hope you knew nothing about this." Ritika said and walked out.

The moment Ritika left Rohit crumpled to the floor breaking into sobs.

Virat rushed to him and hugged him tight "Ro listen to me Ro, I don't know what has happened but I believe you ok? Let's go to your room." He said.

In Rohit's room

After Rohit had significantly calmed down (which took a lot of efforts on Virat's part) he was just staring out in a distance.

"What happened Rohit?" Virat asked solemnly. "It's all over Vi it's over. It's the end she left me." Rohit said a lone tear escaping his eye.

"But why?" Virat asked squeezing his hand trying to reassure him.

"She thinks I cheated on her." Rohit said almost in a whisper and Virat's eyes widened.

"What?? How did she reach that conclusion?" Virat asked giving him a glass of water.

"You don't think I cheated?" Rohit aaked with such vulnerable eyes that his heart broke.

"What? Obviously no I trust you. And I know Ritsy does too it's juat that she might be too emotional to think rationally." Virat said.

"How did she even reach that conclusion though?" He asked.

"Do you remember my ex?" Rohit asked "Sofia?" Virat said trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Actual ex you idiot." Rohit said rolling his eyes. "Mhm yeah Trisha, what about her?" Virat asked

"She came here some time ago. She was asking for a second chance after 2 years." Rohit said shaking his head.

Virat's brows furrowed "But wasn't she the one who cheated on you that too when you were going through a bad phase?" He asked.

"Yeah she looked quite disturbed when she came so I couldn't oust her instantly. I called her in gave her water but she broke down in sobs." Rohit said.

"I asked her what happened to she said her boyfriend ditched her for some model. She started to say sorry to me I told her that I forgive her." Rohit was saying but was interrupted by Virat.

"Why did you forgive her you idiot?" Virat said almost without a thought and received a glare from Rohit "Sorry continue." he mumbled.

"But then she started coming closer to me asking for another chance when I told her I can't, she started reminding of the promises I made to her." He continued his face scrunching up in disgust.

"Then I told her 'Yes I said I love you and I can't wait to marry you and spend the rest of myife with you. You are the only one I have wanted and want no one can compare to you' I was going to say that this was all in the past but Ritika heard only the end part of it.

She barged in thinking the worst of it. Apparently someone had also sent our old phone calls and text screenshots to her beforehand only and I highly suspect it was trisha. So Ritika didn't let me explain also." Rohit stated.

"Also before going trisha hugged me unexpectedly making me fall on the couch with her on top which oy fueled Ritika's anger." Rohit added.

Virat sighed hearing all this. "Why didn't you tell Ritsy everything though Ro?" He asked.

Rohit shoom his head in frustration "Vi your dearest sister wasn't ready to listen to anyone. I tried but she shut me up every time and didn't even let me touch her." He said.

"Yeah I saw that. Let me talk to her?" Virat asked skeptically.

"I am so upset and angry right now Vi. She didn't trust me but chose to trust those texts and half ass conversations. What do you think she's gonna listen to you? I don't think so." Rohit said his tone completely defeated.

Virat straightened his back and said as confidently as he could "Don't you worry Ro I'll get the proof for her and I am sure she'll regret her actions." He hugged Rohit one last time and left the room telling him to rest.

He went in his room and did some research on Trisha and found enough information. He took his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello Nushkie? I need your help."

A/N: Hey guys please vote and comment as I love to read them. Also if you guys have any ideas or request ping me.

Ps: Ik the story is seeming to be alot of Rohika but trust me guys this is going to help Virushka only so please bear with me if you don't like Rohika :)

Till next time TOODLEESS

Words: 1054