Chapter 16- Whirlwind

In the evening

Virat woke up abruptly when he heard Rohit mumbling something in sleep "No I didn't I can't....." Virat shook him "Ro wake up WAKE UP!!" he couldn't help but yell.

Rohit opened his eyes forcefully and looked at Virat. "How do you feel now Ro?" Virat asked making Rohit sit and giving him water.

Rohit still looked unfocused and disheveled but way better than what he looked some hours ago. Rohit nodded his head "Yes I feel better now, but the nightmares....." he said and trailed off.

Virat checked Rohit's temperature and it was normal. Rohit was looking at Virat strangely "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked confused.

"Why is Ritika here Vi?" Rohit asked his voice so small it broke Virat's heart for the second time. "Everything is ok now Ro, she has got to know that you did not do anything." Virat said.

Rohit looked at him questioningly so Virat sighed and explained everything to Rohit. Rohit's eyes widened and welled up hearing everything, he hugged Virat abruptly and very tightly.

"You did all of this for me and Anushka did too?" Rohit asked his voice still hoarse. Virat nodded "Who else will I do all of this for? Also Nushkie cares for you too Ro, she considers you as her brother." he said.

Rohit looked at him again with all the love "I love you Vi." he said sincerely. Virat rolled his eyes and said "I love you too my sugar plum." Rohit scrunched his nose in disgust and pushed him away.

"Way to ruin the bestie moment we were having." Rohit says rolling his eyes. "Is Anu here still?" Rohit asked and Virat nodded.

"What the hell are you doing with me here then? Go be with her you moron." Rohit said and Virat's cheeks turned slight pink-ish immediately.

"Vi what's happening?" Rohit asked cautiously and Virat looked at him and just nodded. "OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!" Rohit screamed.

"Ro calm down please. You just had an anxiety attack." Virat hastened trying to calm him down panicking himself.

"You idiot how can one get an anxiety attack when they are happy?" Rohit said smacking his head "What about you and Ritsy. Ro?" Virat asked still concerned.

"She definitely hurt me with the lack of trust even when she knew about Trisha. But I can't live without her, I can't imagine not having her in my life, not having you two teaming up on me. I want a family with her....." Rohit said is voice breaking with suppressed emotions.

Rohit looked like he would cry any second and Virat just squeezed his hand and smile at him encouragingly when a lone tear escaped Rohit's eyes. "Yeah but she did hurt me so she'll have to bear with me and give me sometime." he said firmly.

Virat's eyebrows furrowed as he asked "What do you mean?". Rohit looked at Virat and he immediately started shaking his head "No no no, you are not-" Virat was saying but was interrupted.

Rohit looked down and said  "Vi I am hurt I need some time?" his voice cracking and Virat melted "Ok do whatever you want I am with you." he said resigned to his fate but still curious.

"Leave all this now Vi WHEN ARE YOU TELLING HER?" Rohit shouted again and this time Anushka and Ritika came running worried.

"What happened Rohit?" Anushka asked coming in with a worried Ritika. Rohit rolled his eyes and said "What's up with this full name Anu? We are family now-" Virat glared at him and Anushka looked at him her cheeks warming "Huh?" she managed to ask.

"You guys, your minds are spoilt what can I do about it? I was talking about how she's my sharma sister aren't you?" Rohit said chuckling.

"Yeah yeah ok, but why were you screaming Ro? Are you ok?" Anushka asked still worried. Ritika walked towards Rohit and was going to take his hand in hers when he snatched and patted Anushka's hand "Yes yes I am fine, we were talking about something else. You know our secret." Rohit said teasingly trying to mask his emotions.

The exchange did not go unnoticed by both Virat and Anushka too. "Ro please listen to me once, please I am so sorry." Ritika said her voice barely audible.

"I know you are sorry and I also know that you have trust issues but you could have at least listened to me once." Rohit said in an attempted firm voice but his voice cracked.

Virat felt the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife, he looked at Anushka and she seemed to be thinking the same.

"Let's get a coffee everyone? Come let's go Ritsy." Virat said dragging Ritika towards the kitchen.

As they left Anushka settled in front of Rohit "I know Ro that you must have been hurt but I really believe you guys are meant to be. And I trust that you believe that too." She said.

Rohit who was still in a daze, wiped   his moist eyes as a small smile spread on his lip "Yes Anu I believe in us but I also need some time." He said and Anushka smiled warmly.

"Also I don't know how far along you and Virat are but I would not share him with anyone but you ok?" He said with a smile filled with genuine love.

Anushka who was caught off guard with that statement gasped and blurted out "How do you know?"

"I know Vi for over a decade now and as for you I didn't know but you just confirmed it." Rohit said chuckling a bit.

Anushka was flustered but also had a grin on her face "Are you sure about Vi?" She asked timidly.

Rohit laughed seeing that expression on her face and patted her head "Yes but I want you guys to confess to each other ok?" He said and Anushka nodded her head blushing and also feeling the brotherly warmth.

A/N: Here's the next part please vote and comment. If you have any ideas please ping me. Thanks!

Till next time TOODLES!!

Words: 1038