Chapter 15 - Realisation

Virat and Ritika rushed to Rohit as soon as they saw Rohit huddled with some bottle and a frame in his hand. Virat reached first and saw they were anxiety pills and the photo was of him, Rohit and Ritika.

Rohit, it seemed was not even in his senses as he had not heard the shouts neither had he sensed their presence. Virat kept a hand on his shoulder and Rohit looked up at him jerkily with blood shot eyes,he also seemed to be having a fever.

Virat's heart broke seeing him like that and Ritika stumbled back, fortunately Anushka held her. As soon as Rohit saw Virat he pulled him in a bone crushing hug "Vi it hurts Vi please make it stop please- Vi I can't..." he said almost incoherently.

"Shh Ro I am here.. I have solved your problem." Virat said rubbing his back but Rohit seemed to be not coherent enough, so he checked the pills and noticed Rohit had taken quite a few of them.

"You- you must be sleepy Ro please take some rest." Virat said his voice cracking seeing Rohit like this, it brought all the world cup final memories. Ritika came forward to help Rohit and he seemed to finally notice her.

"Vi please tell her I don't want to talk to her tell her to go." Rohit mumbled as he settled on the bed. "But Ro I am so sorry I- I am worried about you please don't tell me to go. Let me be here at least until you feel better." Ritika said as her voice cracked.

But Rohit had already drifted off to sleep under the high influence of the sedatives. Virat and Anushka shared a look and Anushka nodded.

"Ritsy come with me outside." Anushka said dragging her "No I need to be with him please..." Ritika kept resisting looking at Rohit's sleeping figure. Anushka turned her around and firmly held her shoulder "Ritsy listen to me, he needs to be alone right now he said that right? Will you again not listen to him?" she asked.

Ritika immediately nodded her head in no and went out almost in a daze staring out straight ahead. Anushka went to Virat and hugged him tight, Virat was shocked at first but wound his arms around her almost immediately.

"I know you are trying to be strong Vi, it's ok to be weak in front of me." she said hugging him tight and Virat slumped "I don't know what to do Nush, I can't see him like this." he whispered his voice hoarse as he looked at an exhausted Rohit.

"He'll be alright Vi don't worry, my sharma bro will stand up again strong like he always does. He did it after all the knock out defeats in the past which were his dreams with you besides his side. Ritsy has realized her mistake and am sure she'll do everything to get his forgiveness." she said in the hug squeezing him.

She felt her shirt dampen a bit and she just caressed her hair and rubbed his back letting him vent. Virat pulled back wiping his tears and looked at Anushka intently "I am sorry you are dragged into this Anushka-" he was interrupted by a smack from her.

"I thought we are past that, also I did it for my sharma bro." Anushka said knowing very well there was one more reason too and looked in Virat's eyes seeing he knew it too.

"You be here with Ro I'll be out with Ritsy everything will be ok." Anushka said caressing his cheek one last time. Virat sat next to Rohit and noticed he had taken out all the photo albums and not only that one frame.

He looked at Rohit and caressed his hair "My dumbass, worries about the whole world alone and feels so deeply that gets affected the most." he whispered so as to not disturb his sleep.

Virat opened the album and saw the page where there were photos of the three of them and a space was vacant for one person- his future partner.

He smiled remembering the time Rohit had suggested this childish idea but now that he thought about it, it really is very thoughtful and sweet.

He closed his eyes remembering the talks about his partner they had always had and abruptly Anushka's warmly smiling face flashed in front of his eyes.

He opened his eyes wide and gasped despite of himself. He blinked once, twice, thrice and like a miracle it struck him.

He had started picturizing Anushka at his partner's place, he had started seeing her with the three of them. He had started seeing her teaming up with Rohit to tease him like Ritika and he did.

He realized that he had fallen in love - not only fallen he had fallen irrevocably and deep without even realizing it. He turned to Rohit beaming now despite the situation "Ro I think I found the person whose photo I would like to have here." he said hoarsely feeling emotional.

He decided he felt a lot light and lied down besides Rohit, a grin intact in place as he closed his eyes. He just lied down in a blissful state feeling assured everything will be ok soon.

In Virat's room

Ritika was sitting on the bean bag staring out the balcony when Anushka entered the room after not finding her in the living room.

She looked around the room decorated with identical photo frames like that in Rohit's room. It was not messy but it was also not clinically clean, it felt like home.

Anushka went and sat on the bean bag which was in front of Ritika. She noticed Anushka's presence and looked at her attempting a smile.

Anushka immediately took her hands in hers "I know Ritsy we are not best of friends but I care for you and consider you a very good friend. I won't give any false hopes to my friends so believe me when I say everything will be alright with you two. I have seen the way you look at each other, the way you guys are. It's rare and you have found that." she said.

"You guys will just be more stronger than ever after this turbulence in your relationship. The way you look at each other the kind of love you have for each other - it doesn't go away." she added squeezing Ritika's hand.

"What do you mean by that?" Ritika asked her voice barely a whisper "You guys look at each other like you would do anything to keep that smile on the other's face, like no one other than you guys exist, you look at each other like you never want to look away." Anushka said.

Ritika gave her a teary smile and hugged her "Thank you Nushkie, your support really means lot." she said but now Anushka was in deep thought as Ritika excused herself and went to wash room.

Anushka started to think about what she told Ritika, and it struck her that when she sees Virat she wants to do anything in her limit to not let that smile slip from his face. She feels like they are the only one in the world when they are together.

Lastly, she realized that she really did not want to look away from Virat ever, she wants to keep looking at him- FOREVER.

A/N: Two back to back chapters I want plenty of comments. Please vote and comment I love to read those.

Till next time TOODLES!!!!

Words: 1270