Chapter 21 - Ad ne bana di jodi

Virat led Anushka towards his car and opened the door for her. Once Anushka was seated he slipped into his seat and set out on the road.

"What's the surprise about Vi?" Anushka asked and Virat just shook his head "If I tell you now how will it be a surprise?" he said.

"Viiiiii yaar tell me na I don't like suspense." Anushka whined and Virat kept a hand on her thigh "Patience my love patience, you trust me right?" he said squeezing her thigh in a move to assure and calm her down.

Anushka's mouth clamped shut at that gesture and she felt like a swarm of butterflies were let loose in her stomach. She just nodded and kept stealing glances at Virat.

"Stop looking at me like that it's unnerving." Virat said still looking straight at the road "Anushka turned her head immediately, embarrassed at getting caught.

"I am your only you can keep looking at me forever." Virat said and Anushka looked at him shocked "Huh? Vi-" but before she could say something Virat stopped the car.

He removed his hand from her thigh and Anushka already missed it. He came around towards her door and opened it for her "Oh ho gentleman and all huh?" She teased and Virat looked down scratching his neck, with an adorable smile.

Anushka looked around to see it was some kind of an enclosure but it was closed. Virat was looking at Anushka trying to gauge her reaction, feeling nervous himself.

"Let's get inside Nush?" Virat said asking for her hand, she slipped her hand in his and Virat led the way towards the door.

"But this is closed Vi?" Anushka asked confused "I have it managed Nush." Virat said as he opened the door with a key.

It was pitch dark as there were no lights, Virat pushed a switch and a spotlight was casted upon a piece of card kept on the table. Virat nudged her forward "Go ahead check it."

She went and took the card out of the envelope which contained a photo of their ad shoot and Virat started "I know I started on the crassest joke known to the man kind which was kind of embarrassing-" Anushka raised her eyebrow "Ok not kind of, totally embarrassing but that's not the point. You looked past that terrible humor and gave me a chance to be your friend." he completed.

Anushka took his hand in hers and said "You and me we both come from the same background and you become my comfort person so easily in this world of chaos and fake glamour." she kissed the back of his palm

Virat pushed on another button and their was a spotlight on another card. Virat took Anushka towards it, she opened the envelope to find a photo of them with Rohit and Ritika.

"Nushki I don't know what I would have done without your support in this crisis. I would have been lost and couldn't have been able to even help them. But no you stood besides me like a rock and been my safe place whenever I needed." Virat said.

"You also gave me a life long best friend in the form of Ritsy and a brother in Rohit. I never thought that I could have a family other than blood, but you guys became my home." Anushka said her eyes now teary.

Virat wiped the corner of her eyes and said "Nushki I hate tears re..." which made Anushka burst out laughing "Vi who's the actor here? You or me? My silly drama queen." She said hugging him.

"Obviously me duh!" Virat says now pulling her towards another corner " Vi I can't see anything, I'll fa-" before Anushka could say more they reach another spotlight but she stumbles upon something.

She's gonna fall on the ground but Virat's hands come up around her waist as he pulls her towards himself.

Their eyes lock and the sincerity that their eyes convey are way more than any words could express.

Anushka snaps her fingers in front of Virat's face and says laughing "Vi straighten me" which brings Virat in the present moment as he removes his hands from her waist and makes her stand straight.

She takes out another photo from the envelope which shows them from the day they were talking in the balcony.

Virat switches on some switch and the whole enclosure lights up and Anushka looks around to see it's a tulip enclosure. She gaps and turns around to see Virat sitting on one knee.

"Nushkie I don't know when you barged into my life like a ray of sunshine and I don't even know when you became such an important part of my life. It's not like my life was disappointing or I was unhappy before you, no I was really happy but their was always an empty space which I couldn't decipher what it was for. But since I started being with you I understood that space was for my soulmate, my other half, YOU." Virat said.

He extends his hand which has a bouquet of tulips in it "You told me that you love Tulips but you only want the one you love to give them to you. Can you make me the fortunate one and let me be the one who gives you those life long?" Virat said looking up at her.

Anushka takes the bouquet from his hand and pulls him up, hugging him tight "Obviously Vi, you are the only one I want Tulips from." she says.

"I love you Nushki, I love you so much. Will you be my girlfriend? My other half?" Virat asks pulling back for a second.

Anushka looks at his eyes and then at his lips "Yes Mr. Boyfriend." she says leaning in to kiss him. The first of hundreds lifelong, filled with promises for the future.

THE END

A/N: So this is it for now, thanks for showering this book with love. Please vote and comment on this on too.

Tell me what you would like to read from me more. Till next time TOODLESSS!

Words: 1000+