Chapter 18- The heart to heart

In the balcony

Virat dragged Anushka and he was laughing all along, she was transfixed seeing his carefree laugh. Virat noticed that Anushka was silent and looked at her when she stopped letting him drag her.

She was staring at her and that made his laughter die in his throat. He was feeling nervous now and he snapped his fingers in front of her to alert her.

That brought her out of her stupor and she broke the eye contact, now was looking here and there "Uh I am uh so sorry." Anushka said feeling self-conscious.

"No, it's ok." Virat said leaning back with his hands on the railing, close to Anushka "I brought you here so they would be forced to tall-" he paused "And we could maybe talk too." added sheepishly

Anushka nodded her head slowly, smiling warmly at him. She noticed a photo where Rohit and Ritika can be seen lost in each other's eyes in a tulip garden.

"You know Vi I love tulips but they hold a significant place in my heart. I would only want a tulip from the person I love." She said still looking at the picture smiling.

Virat noticed her looking at the picture "Oh is it? Mhmm. They look cute together na? I was the one who took that photo." He said.

"You went with them to a tulip garden Vi???" Anushka asked flabbergasted.

Virat frowned at her reaction "Uh yes but why are you so shocked?" He asked.

"It's supposed to be a romantic place for couples." She said and Virat seemed shocked for a moment before he chuckled.

"Yeah it might be, but I am so used to third wheeling them that I went there with them too. They are like my second parents." Virat said with warmth and humor in his voice.

He immediately frowned though so Anushka asked "What happened?"

"I don't like to see them like this, it breaks my heart. And now when everything seems to be falling in place, their relationship seems to be on the verge of destruction." Virat said with a frown.

Anushka noticed his defeated voice and took his hand in hers "Vi I know it might seem like it's all gonna end, and I know you know and love them from even before I knew them but I can see their love it's not gonna get crushed just like this ok?" she said and hugged him reassuringly.

Virat felt so safe at that moment that he felt like sobbing like a baby. He had tried alot to pretend to stay strong in front of Rohit and Ritika but he was scared, scared about Rohit's health, scared like a child in the midst of his parent's separation but now, now he felt at peace.

He teared up a bit and hugged her tight, Anushka squeezed him reassuringly trying to give him all the love and warmth she had.

"I am so grateful for you Nush, and no I am not saying thank you because I know you did this because you wanted to and not just as an obligation." He mumbled on her shoulder still hugging her.

They retracted and just looked at the sunset in silence, holding hands. Anushka felt at peace like she belonged here, which was a recurring feeling with Virat. Virat called out to her once the sun had set "Eat with us today?" he asked.

Anushka nodded immediately "Yes of course, as it is I'll have to be alone at home and I love your company-" she stopped at once when Virat looked at her with a raised brow and amusement clear on his face "I mean the three of you are quite fun you know." she tried covering up.

"Yeah now stop looking at me like that let's go inside, god knows what they are doing inside." Anushka said and Virat shook his head laughing "You sound like a mother." he said.

"Of your children?" she asked teasingly not realizing what she actually said in the flow of emotions. Both their eyes widened, Anushka's in realization of what she said and Virat's in shock.

Anushka didn't know what to say to cover up so she just scurried off to the living space living a dumb founded Virat in the balcony. Soon he was brought out of his stupor by her voice "Vii come here!!" she called out to him.

He was still blushing but managed to go inside, but he frowned upon seeing Anushka alone near the dining table. "Where are Rohit and Ritika?" he asked.

Anushka shrugged "I don't know, no one was here when I came in that's why I called you." she said "Try calling them?" 

Virat took the phone which was on the table and saw a message from Ritika. "There's a message from Ritika." he told Anushka "Yeah what is it?" she asked.

He read the message and his brows furrowed "She left with Aman." he said and Anushka was confused "Huh? Who Aman?" she asked.

"Oh he's our assistant kind of? Helps with everything in general." (a character from @ictfiction's books) he said.

"Ritika said Rohit went to his room and she left with Aman, he dropped her home." Virat said still confused "At least she will reach home safely we trust Aman." he said.

"But something seems amiss Vi, why will she leave abruptly like this without telling us anything or saying bye?" Anushka said and Virat nodded his head.

"That is exactly what I was thinking, Wait we'll ask about this to Ro. Firstly let's order some food." Virat said scrolling through the delivery app.

Anushka snatched the phone from him "You go to Rohit and talk to him, I am going to order the food. I don't want to starve myself or my brother." Anushka said teasing him.

"Not you too Nushkie, Ro already roasts me alot about my food." Virat whined "You gonna have to bear this forever now Vi." Anushka said.

Virat looked at her questioningly and Anushka just shoved him towards Rohit's room "Now don't act like you don't know what I was talking about." she said and Virat just smiled at that, feeling a bit relieved to have someone in this tough times.

A/N: Hey guys please vote and comment as I love to read you guys' comments. Also I am going to write about what happened between Rohika in their book "Foe to found" so check that out.

Ps: I am not writing about them here because this is a Virushka book and I feel like there's already alot of Rohika here hehehe.

Words: 1071