Chapter 13 - Mission

"I- I am not so sure anymore about this Nushkie, let's go." Virat said dragging her hand.

Anushka stopped him and said chuckling "Vi wasn't it you who coerced me into this, you can't chicken out now."

"Don't worry I trained you to act. You'll slay the role." She added flexing, Virat just rolled his eyes and went inside the restaurant.

They had booked their usual restaurant and had told the manager to make some people sit as customers so it doesn't become obvious.

Anushka followed Virat inside and sat on a table which was near to them but not so noticeable.

Trisha wasn't there yet and Anushka met Virat's eyes who was very nervous and gave him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up.

Virat felt something loosen in him seeing her being there for him. "Remember who you are doing this for and you'll not make any mistake. That is how much you love him." Anushka said laughing.

That lightened him more and now he was definitely ready. He straightened when he got a message from the manager about her arrival.

Anushka turned a slight bit away and put on her mask and cap ready with everything.

She noticed that trisha was really pretty and now that she thought of she had actually met her before for a brand collab.

She seemed sweet and pleasant to work with then "But Ritsy is the best!" She thought to herself and decided she hated trisha for whatever she did to Rohit and Ritika such good people.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Trisha slipped in the seat in front of Virat.

"Hello Virat, long time no see!" She said forwarding her hand for a handshake and Virat shook her hand. And Anushka couldn't help but feel her insides tightening.

"Hi Trisha, tell me what you'll like to order." Virat said and when a waiter came she ordered a cold coffee and Virat ordered a kale smoothie on which both Trisha and Anushka cringed.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Trisha asked and Virat for a second fumbled and looked at Anushka who blinked her eyes in reassurance.

Virat put on his confident persona again and asked "So I actually wanted to ask you if you'll be my girlfriend?" 

Trisha's eyes widened and she shrieked "What the hell are you talking about?" Virat just said "Shh calm down let me explain it to you." and passed a glass of water to her.

She hesitantly took a sip and nodded at him to continue "So see this is all going to be a pr stunt. I know that you were dating Rohit and then you guys broke up. So if we date it will create a lot of noise and it will be good publicity for both of us." Virat said.

Trisha immediately shook her head furiously and said "How could you even think of something like that? I love him and he's your best friend." 

"He was my best friend not anymore you must have read the newspaper." Virat cringed internally and continued "Also weren't you the one who left him, and as much as I know he has a girlfriend now." 

Trisha was flabbergasted "So all of the news was true??? How's that possible? You guys were joint to the hip all the time. I didn't believe it and brushed it off as stupid rumors." she said.

"Shit happens Trisha, I would not like to ponder over it. We have moved on from that pathetic friendship now." Virat said aloud and "Oh god Ro do forgive me, what am I compelled to say eww." he thought to himself.

Trisha was still shocked but slowly nodded her head and said "Ok I guess then. And yes I was the one who left him but I realized that I can't live without him and how much I love him seeing him with that woman."