Chapter 17- Reassurance

Meanwhile in the kitchen

"It's over Vi it's over he's not even looking at me." Ritika said looking as lost as ever "All of it's my fault all of it."

Virat who was, taking out the cups turned around to see Ritika's hands shivering. He rushed towards her and held her hand.

"Ritsy listen to me RITSY" Virat said aloud when she wasn't listening and was in a trance.

Ritika finally looked at him and getting her attention he said "Ritsy you and me we both know how our Ro, he doesn't give up and especially on the people he loves. He needs some time to get back up again doesn't he? And we should give him that right?" 

Ritika slowly nodded "But Vi I can't handle him like behaving like this with me, it reminds me of the time he hated me and called me Ms.Sajdeh-" she said imitating Rohit which made both of them laugh.

"Vi I am supposed to be his Rits, Ritsy, Ritu whatever he wants not Ritika, I fear anytime he'll start calling me Ms.Sajdeh again." Ritika said and Virat just shook his head and said "Nothing like this is gonna happen and we are gonna be a happy family of 4 soon-" 

"Wait wait wait back up, did you just say FAMILY OF 4??????" Ritika shrieked in excitement and Virat covered his face with both of his hands trying to hide being obvious.

Ritika forgot all about her problems for a moment and removed his hands from his faced and beamed happily "Oh god did you finally realize? Did you tell her? What did she say? I am sure she said yes I can see-" she started.

"Ritsy shhh stop I did not tell her, I myself realized it while Ro was sleeping. I realized it because of the albums he had taken out. My best friend literally helped me without even knowing I love him so much." Virat said with so much love in his voice making Ritika smile.

"Yes yes sautan ji enough now you'll make me jealous, I know he is yours first and don't worry I have somewhere mentally prepared Nushkie for this too." Ritika said genuinely happy for the first time from yesterday.

Virat looked at her with attempted anger but it melted soon enough Ritika hugged him and said "I am so happy for you Vi, I finally got a girl." Virat hugged her back "Don't worry Ritsy everything will be fine with you two too soon." he said.

They got back to making coffee and then Virat called both of them in the dining space. Rohit came and sat besides Ritika making her smile. Anushka sat besides Virat, directing such a love filled smile at him that he almost felt overwhelmed for a moment.

"Are you ok?" Ritika asked and Rohit just nodded his head stiffly "Vi and Anu there's this fund raiser ball na tomorrow? You two going together?" he asked instead.

Virat and Anushka noticed how Rohit changed the topic but decided not to point out "Yes that reminds me, Vi I ordered dresses for both of us I hope you don't mind. We were supposed to go but it didn't happen so.." Anushka said nervously.

Before Virat could say something, Rohit said "I am so sorry for ruining this for you Anu." Anushka shook her head "No no you are more important to us bro." 

Virat smiled, content to be here with this small family of his. Yes his Rohika were having a problem but he was 100% sure everything would be fine soon.

 "Why are you only apologizing to her and not me?" Virat said pouting .

"Oh because you are supposed to do everything you can for me you moron." Rohit said glaring at him. 

Virat went towards him and smothered him in a hug chuckling "Obviously who else is there for us, I have you and you have me that's it." he said.

Ritika and Anushka just rolled there eyes, Ritika finally relaxing a bit but thinking about what to do to make up to Rohit.

Virat sat back to his chair besides Anushka and said "Yeah I have absolutely no problem in you selecting a tux for me, when I was single-" Anushka looked at him at once confusion clear on her face.

"What do you mean by when you were single?" she asked slowly and Virat looked at Rohit his eyes begging Rohit to rescue him, Rohit shook his head, exasperated, and dived in to save his idiotic best friend.

"He meant when we were single, we used to fret a lot about our outfits and irritate our former manager a lot but when Ms. Sajdeh came in as our manager she took over that department completely and we didn't have to fret about it." Rohit said covering it all up brilliantly.

Ritika frowned hearing that disgusting title again from Rohit and Virat was in a dilemma about whether he should be happy that Rohit saved his ass or should be upset that he called Ritika Ms. Sajdeh.

Meanwhile Anushka sat there with furrowed brows when she saw Ritika and Virat's expression and couldn't decipher who Rohit was talking about "Who's um Ms.Sajdeh?" she asked and Virat burst out laughing.

Rohit and Ritika glared at him "That would be me nushkie, myself Ms. Ritika Sajdeh." she said and Anushka was embarrassed "Oh I am so sorry Ritsy I actually- um didn't realize it." she said fumbling with her words.

Virat finally managed to calm down "It's ok Nushki no one calls me that as it is." Ritika said assuring her and Rohit seemed to be avoiding looking at her.

"Why were you laughing though Vi?" Anushka asked and Virat dragged her to their balcony throwing a "We'll be back" on his way out leaving an awkward Rohit and Ritika behind.

A/N: Here's the next part please vote and comment, till next time TOODLESSS!

Words: 996