Chapter 17:

"I am a man of despair, words without an echo.

Lost everything and gained everything.

The last cable, my last wish sings for you.

In this barren land of mine, you are the last rose..."

The "girl" in the white dress sat on the dark pine bench of the church with empty eyes. In a trance, the ethereal singing of the choir and the music of the organ circled and floated towards the high dome shining with the holy light.

The blazing sunlight casts mottled and gorgeous light and shadow from the stained glass window, making Jiang Chi's white dress half-stained red with blood seem to be burning in flames.

He stood on tiptoe awkwardly, gripping the wrinkled hem of his skirt a little uneasily.

Jiang Chi's idea was rather simple. It was definitely inappropriate to go to the police for supernatural powers. After much thought, he could only go to the church and give it a try.

Attempting to fight magic with magic.

It makes sense to go to a priest for exorcism.

In the panic just now, one of his shoes ran away, and the expensive white stockings on his legs were torn, revealing the delicate leg flesh that was brighter than the moonlight.

He tried his best to calm down his chaotic breathing after running all the way, and his flat chest rose and fell under the layers of lace.

Her raven-colored hair, soaked with sweat, stuck to her cheeks and side of her neck.

He was obviously so thin, but he was imprisoned in a huge and gorgeous skirt that was half white and half scarlet.

Like...a bride running away from Satan's wedding.

Time goes back an hour.

The thick blood spurting out from the severed neck made the soft fabric stacked between the legs become sticky and heavy.

Jiang Chi didn't react for a moment, staring blankly into those blue-grey eyes that were filled with death.

The panicked shouts of others seemed to be isolated by an invisible barrier. Jiang Chi watched as those dead eyes slowly came to life and blinked at him with a scarlet smile.

The still moment of time was broken, and he slowly felt the horror of falling into an ice cellar. He opened his mouth, only to find that there seemed to be an invisible big cold hand holding his neck, and even his vocal cords were paralyzed, even if he wanted to ignore it. He screamed all the time, and in the end he could only moan pitifully like a kitten.

On the one hand, these police officers were shocked that the colleague they lived with day and night turned out to be the murderer who had caused them so much trouble recently, and on the other hand, they were shocked by the supernatural power they witnessed with their own eyes.

"Didn't I lose my head just now? Did someone disappear in front of me?"

"God, we must have provoked the devil..."

Jiang Chi grabbed Bright's hand so hard that his knuckles turned porcelain white: "He woke up."

"What?" The man seemed unable to see Jack's rolling head, thinking that the timid boy was just frightened by the bloody scene.

Jiang Chi blinked his eyelashes in panic, watching helplessly as the head with slightly distorted facial features stretched out its sticky, wet tongue and licked his stockings.

Jiang Chi: "!"

The feeling was scarier than being licked by a snake.

The young man couldn't hold back his tears anymore and grabbed the man's sleeves in vain: "He's alive! That pervert! His head woke up!"