Chapter 19:

Jiang Chi held his face, his eyes flickering: "Are you angry?"

Father Ilya paused as he stretched out his hand to reach the archive book on the top of the bookshelf. His silver eyes lowered and seemed to be looking at the oriental boy, and then seemed to be looking elsewhere indifferently. After a long while, he heard him bite. He gritted his teeth and spoke out: "No."

Jiang Chi sat among a pile of messy books, wearing a smaller priest's robe that Father Ilya found somewhere. The cleanly ironed clothes were still stained with the faint fragrance of white roses.

The library at the back of the church is empty and huge. Bright but not scorching sunlight shines like gold from the tall round rose window onto the thick pages of books that fill the room.

There is an aroma of old book ink floating in the air.

Jiang Chi liked to bask in the sun, and the warm sunshine made him unable to suppress his instinct to turn into a fox.

The town here has rainy weather most of the time. With such good sunshine, the little fox really wants to take out his long, snow-white fur and bask in it.

He yawned contentedly and narrowed his eyes with contentment, like a kitten rolling around in the pages of a book.

Father Elijah took down the small town chronicle, which was extra heavy compared to other old books, and accidentally saw this beautiful boy who almost turned into a succubus sitting lazily among a pile of old and yellowed pages. Blue eyes that are more dazzling than the sparkling deep sea are looking at me earnestly.

The priest's ears felt a little hot at the look.

He tried to divert his attention, but saw something he shouldn't have seen.

Even though it was not tailor-made, this small priest's robe was still too big for this slender oriental boy.

The young man raised his face, and from the slender neck line, you could easily see the deep and half-dark collarbone. The hollow of the neck holds simultaneously brilliant gold and light gray shades. The afternoon sunlight made his whole body rimmed with furry gold, which looked good to the touch.

Even though he had seen all the more intimate places, he still had strange thoughts.

The priest's fingers unconsciously pinched the spine of the book harder.

The backs of his hands were covered in ferocious veins.

Jiang Chi was so frightened that he choked on his unfinished yawn. He put his hands on the ground and asked hesitantly: "Father, are you angry?"

Father Elijah was inexplicably angry and said in a more serious tone: "No!"

The beautiful boy blinked his sea-blue eyes innocently, curled his lips and said nothing. That look seemed to say: Look, I knew you were angry.

Heavenly Father, clergy are not supposed to lie.

But Father Ilya, who is pure in body and spirit, has never had an unclean thought about any creature called a beauty from his birth to the present. His education had always been to stay away from temptations that would lead to corruption.

Among them, lust/desire is especially important.

He didn't want to believe that he would be captured by the beauty of a stranger.

Perhaps the devil's curse has not yet been eradicated.

It must be yes. It was precisely because of the impression of the succubus seal that made him do that... ridiculous thing last night.