Imagine 19: Valentine's Day❤

Pairing: lonely! Y/N x lonely! Alastor

*Summary: It is Valentine's Day in Hell. Everyone at the hotel is happy, giving gifts to one another, while Alastor sits alone with only his thoughts at the bar. Until he sees you, who appears just as lonely as he.*

*Alastor's POV*

Another yearly Valentine's Day in Hell. Well, at least, this is Hell's version of Valentine's Day. Though it is quite similar to how the mortals celebrate. Today is a day when gifts are given to one another. Alastor chuckles. He supposes the only difference from Hell's Valentine's Day and Earth's version, is that this is the one day where demons don't...kill each other for fun. 

Alastor sits at the bar, legs crossed over one another, while his hands are clasped on his lap. He watches the others in the longue, laughing, smiling, giving each other neatly wrapped boxes of gifts and chocolates and flowers. The smiles on their faces seeming genuine, and not forced, like Alastor's.

Today...Alastor is struggling to hold his smile.

Well...Alastor is the only one not receiving gifts, or compliments. He merely sits here, outside of the happy crowd, watching. His own choice, of course. Over the weeks he's spent at the hotel he's made sure that his five-foot-rule was clear. But today...

He kind of wishes that someone would break that rule and approach him. Perhaps thank him for all he's done to help the hotel, or even give him a simple nod of approval. Though it doesn't come. Everyone else is too wrapped up in their own universe, all of which Alastor is not a part of. 

Alastor sighs softly. He shouldn't feel like this. He doesn't need anyone's approval or slight affection to make him feel good.

Lately...he likes being LEFT alone, but not...BEING alone. But why?! What is making Alastor feel like that?! Through the centuries he's spent in Hell he's made sure that his reputation would make him the most feared demon in all of Hell. He shouldn't care for stupid things like getting a person's thanks! 

Alastor shuts his eyes for a moment. Something inside of him has indeed changed since he's joined this hotel. He blames the others, watching everyone seeming to have real friends, real lovers, and actually feel appreciated.

That's something Alastor doesn't have, nor does he think he'll ever have. How could someone consider Alastor a friend? Knowing that he's a deal-maker, a manipulative psycho. How could someone actually LOVE him, knowing his reputation? 

No one would ever trust him completely, or even love him. He made that happen in his centuries of Hell, his thirst for power and dominance over others stronger than any sort of desire for companionship. Alastor wanted it to be like that, he wanted to feel like the most powerful and feared demon of all, after going so long of feeling small in his humans' years. 

He wanted to BE something.

But while he sits here, alone, at the bar, watching the others...he'd trade anything of his just to feel a little appreciated, or...a little company. 

Instead of feeling alone on a Valentine's Day. As he usually does. 

Alastor exhales. He misses his mother right now. She always knew what to do or say to make Alastor feel loved and appreciated. She was deep down...the only one who did love him. But she is out of his reach...up above him, while his soul endures the darkness of Hell for more centuries to come.