Imagine 23: Happy Birthday!🥳

Pairing: Y/N x Alastor

*summary: When Y/N notices that Alastor hasn't been spending much time with her, she believes that he is having an affair, but on the day of her birthday, she discovers a great big happy surprise!😁*

requested by thebreakfastclubBMTH

*Y/N's POV*

Alastor...has been acting rather...well, weird lately. Then again, in some shape and form he IS weird, but he just seems a little...weirder then normal. For some reason--especially during this passing week--he hasn't been coming home at his usual hours, and when he has spare time, he doesn't...spend it with you lately. Instead, he claims he has some business he must take care of in Pentagram city.

Once you asked if you could go with him, which he denied...a little too quickly. Causing you to then become suspicious of what he's actually doing on these so-called business deals.

Exhaling a breath, you sit at the hotel bar and ask Husk for a drink, which he passes to you with a muffled here you go, before turning to get back to what he was doing--which was cleaning a few glasses left behind from those who had their fill of drinks.

Maybe weird is the wrong word. The proper term for this sort of behavior is suspicious. It's not usually his style to practically ignore you for going on a week now. In fact, he devotes any passing second he has solely to you. Though this week...not so much.

You and Alastor have had a pretty steady, strong relationship for a year now. Fun fact, your two-year anniversary will be coming up in a month--something you had been looking forward to with much excitement.

But as you sit here, sipping away at your drink, you can't help but wonder even if you and Alastor will make it a month. That giddy excitement, slowly turning that into a state of...depression.

Because in your head...you are starting to believe that Alastor is having an affair. The signs are there. He's giving you less and less attention, his time completely consumed by either being up in his radio broadcasting tower, helping Charlie with the Hazbin Hotel...and all these business deals he's claimed to have been doing, denying your request of joining him...it points to that of an affair.

Sighing softly, you lower your head on the counter until your forehead makes contact. Thankfully, Husker left to go do something else the moment your thoughts began to take control over you entirely, causing a saddened reaction to appear on your face. As much as you feel the need to talk to someone about this...Husker wasn't your number 1 choice.

The thought of Alastor having an affair crushes you...despite not having actually evidence, you're just assuming, it still hurts just as much. Why would Alastor find reason to seek affection from another demoness? Were you not good enough for him when it came to satisfy his wishes and desires?

Was your attention too much for him, or too little? What REASON could he have to possibly find another woman?

Slowly, your thoughts begin to boil down to your possible facial and body appearance as to why he could have found someone else. Maybe to his eyes...you weren't as beautiful as you once were when the two of you had met.

You raise a hand and begin to bite your nails, squeezing the shot glass of alcohol with your left palm. When you and Alastor had first met...it was a love at first sight sort of story. An instant snap of the bond. The two of you inseparable...sharing dad jokes and dancing under Hell's moonlight. A picture-perfect fantasy.