Chapter 2 School

I want to dedicate this chapter to @dragonlady520 for being the first person to vote on my story. This is the first story I wrote and took a while to get up the courage to publish it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I had writing and watching the characters and story develop.

                                                                                Sapphires POV

The school has a big parking lot, the closest spaces to the buildings are for the teachers. There are no set spots for students which results in a free fall for all.

Driving into the school car park I manage to find a spare space. "Thanks for the ride!" My siblings yell as they clamber out of my car and head towards their friends. "You're welcome!" I holler back.

I look around and see all my best friends: Donna, Suzy, Tiffany, and Stewart are leaning up against Stewart's car, while Tim and Elijah are leaning up against Tim's car talking.

I will be the last one in our group to turn 18, and they love to tease me about being the youngest. I may be the youngest, but I am nearly the tallest in our group. None of my friends have found their mates yet, which I happily remind them when they tease me. We have been hanging out with each other since we were babies, and you can always find us together getting up to all sorts of mischief.

Stewart is the oldest son of our Alpha Logan and Luna Hazel, of the Night Star Pack (aka The Rocks) they also have a 16-year-old son called Ben and a 14-year sister called Stacy.

Donna, Suzy, and Tim are triplets, and the children of Beta Thomas and Bella, they also have a 14-year-old sister called Tammy.

Tiffany and Elijah are twins and the children of Gamma Cody and Lisa and also have younger siblings Allie and James who are 16.

I walk over to them after locking my car. "Hi ..." I pause, giving them all a funny look because they all stop talking as soon as I walk up to them.

"Hi," they reply.

"OK, what's going on?" I query.

"Nothing is going on, we were just talking about your birthday tomorrow, and how you might find your mate at the pack BBQ once you shift," Donna replies winking at me. Something is definitely up.

"Who's looking forward to training tonight?" I ask them, to change the subject.

"Are you going to take it easy on us, since it is nearly your birthday, or be your usual 'Warrior Sapphire' and order us around?" Donna asks, sounding hopeful.

"Where would the fun be if the other warriors and I went easy on everyone?"

"Normal then." Tiffany groans looking dejected.

Alpha Logan allowed me to train to be a warrior when I was 14. He saw how well I was able to keep up with my dad. I now spend a lot of my time training, and you can usually find me in the gym, on the training field, or on the obstacle course. When I'm not training, I'm doing school work (yay last year) or hanging out with my best friends. Donna, Suzy, Tiffany, and I also volunteer at the orphanage, helping with all the cute little pups.

When I was 16 years old, all my hard work paid off because I started to do border patrols and I love to kick Rogue's butts and defend the pack.

Recently I have become a teacher. I started with four teenagers which quickly went up to 57 kids once the word got out. Now it is part of the pack routine, that teenagers who are 14 years and older who want to be trained, can join me. We are about to start training the younger kids who want to learn but just the very basic routines for now.

It was great when the warriors started to help me with the training. I needed the extra help. Some of the kids want to be warriors in the future and look up to us for guidance.

Cindy aka Mum is also a warrior and does border patrols therefore is hardly ever home. I have tried to fill her shoes when it comes to raising my siblings and I have made heaps of mistakes in the beginning, but now I have the hang of it. Evelyn teases me about it and tells me I'm more like 40 instead of a 17-year-old. I know that they feel like she has neglected us. It has made me grow up faster.

Travis aka Dad is the strongest warrior in our pack. He is the head of security and trains the warriors on combat with weapons, survival, hunting, tracking, and combat/defense training. I have always looked up to Dad and wanted to be a warrior just like him. Ever since I was able to follow him around the pack and watch him train the others, I had been in awe.

The bell rings which signals the start of another crazy day. Donna, Suzy, Tiffany, and I say goodbye to the guys and head towards our first class.

Walking down the hallway Tiffany turns to me.

"So sapphire what are you going to do if you meet your mate this weekend?" Tiffany winks at me.

"Umm, probably not what you are thinking of" I lower my voice as I take a seat in class, when we enter the classroom, the girls just chuckle at me, shaking their heads.

"Are you hoping for anyone in particular to be your mate?" Donna raises her eyebrows at me.

"Someone sticks out to you?" Suzy snickers at me.

"OK! What are you talking about?" I sigh, they have been asking for weeks now.

"Nothing" they all reply as the teacher walks into the room.

I try and block them out and concentrate on my schoolwork. My mind drifts to the different training techniques we are going to teach the group tonight and also the surprise we have planned for the weekend. 

#########################################################

Thank you for reading my story. What do you think of the second chapter?

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Updates will be every Friday night.

Happy Reading :)