Chapter 10 Intense

Zavier's POV

I look around the hall and see smiling and playful people sitting eating dinner. Mark, my future Beta, and Conner my future Gamma are laughing at a joke, I am not paying attention to anything around me. I feel like shit, I don't want to be here, I feel like I want to hide in my room and cry.

"Are you going to eat that?"

I turned to see Conner with an expected look on his face. I look at my plate of spaghetti pasta, and I realize I have been shifting it around on the plate without eating it. This is my favorite thing to eat as well, I never leave any on my plate.

"Yea, nah." I push it away as if it has done something wrong to me.

"Dude... are you OK?" Mark asks looking concerned.

"No, I need to get out of here!"

Mark and Conner look worried, we all get up and quickly leave the room. As soon as I'm out of sight of the dining room, I run to my room, and I can hear the others following me.

"Shit, shit, shit, she is so sad!" I can feel tears running down my face, I'm surprised I was able to control myself in the dining room.

"What's going on man?" Conner asks while patting my back.

"Zinnia is very sad, dude!"

"Let's watch Netflix and try and take your mind off it, comedy coming up dude," Mark says while flicking through the channels.

"I'll go get the snacks." Conner leaves the room to go and get them.

The comedy movie does help take my mind off how sad my sister is. But halfway through the second movie, a massive wave of grief, followed by betrayal rocks my body. They are making me growl loudly, which shocks both of the guys. They look at me scared.

"What happened man?" Mark nervously asks.

"It started sad, then grief as if someone died but now wave after wave of betrayal are cursing through me."

"Shit, I hope she is OK?!" Mark sounds panicked. "Can you manage or do you want us to call your parents?"

"Yeah, nah, I'm good, man."

"If things change let us know?" Conner nervously asks.

I nod at them, I don't want to worry the guys. The feelings are getting intense, it feels like my heart is being ripped into a thousand pieces.

Suddenly I can't help the scream that leaves my lips as I fall to the floor. I hold my chest, hunched over trying to breathe. I don't even realize my parents are in the room when I am howling in pain. I can just make out Mark telling my parents what is happening.

Mum runs over and embraces me, trying to comfort me, but it is not working.

"What is happening, son?" Mum brushes my wet hair out of my eyes, I can feel sweat dripping down my body.

"Zinnia." I manage to choke out. "Someone died, I felt her grief, but now massive waves of betrayal are cursing through me. I feel like my heart is shattering into a million pieces!"

Dad and Mark put their arms under my armpits to help me onto my bed.

"There is only one good thing from this, we know she is alive." I try to lighten the mood, I look at Mum and see a small smile form on her face.

"I wish I could hold her in my arms and help ease her pain." Mum chokes out while Dad embraces her.

"This is all my fault, I didn't protect my family." Dad hisses out, while inhaling Mum's scent to calm himself down.