Chapter 7 Confession

Sapphires POV

"You have your father's eyes....." It looks like it is a real struggle for her to talk. "I loved him but he never knew I existed, I was just an ordinary girl," Mum whispers.

"I loved him so much. I was desperately hoping he would be my mate, but he wasn't....... I was devastated when he met that bitch, his mate!...... Then I found out that the bitch was pregnant with twins. He always wanted to have kids."

OMG, what is Mum saying, why is she saying these strange things? She is my mum, she has raised me from birth, she is all I know. Is it the drugs she is on making her say this?

"Mum take it easy please!" I plead with her.

"I sneaked into the hospital after the babies were born and took the baby girl, leaving the boy...... I'm sorry I took you from your family..... but I do love you like you are my daughter." Mum looks at me when she tells me this.

I freeze up, I look at the rest of my family and see their mouths wide open in shock. I must have the same expression on my face. My stomach drops, I feel like I am going to throw up. I could hear my Dad's low growl.

Just before anyone could ask Mum more about what she said she takes her last breath.

I remember Dad howling with grief, and then I jumped up and ran out of the room. I hope I didn't drop Dean on the floor.

I ran as fast as I could, nearly running over some pack members, but they quickly jumped out of my way. I plow my way through the forest to the top of a hill and howled to the moon goddess for the loss of whom I thought was my mother.

I howl and howl for a long time until I hear paws and footsteps running towards me. I didn't care if it was rogues coming to kill me. But it is my sisters, with Dean on Dad's back in wolf form, coming up to me and starting to howl with me. Dean throws his arms around my neck and holds me tight.

Just like that, one minute she is in our life and then the next minute she is gone, I won't ever be able to hear her laugh or tell us funny stories again. Or see her playing with my siblings ever again.

This must be so hard on Dad to lose your mate and then have the mate bond break like that. I will never forget the image of Dad's tormented face the moment the bond must have broken. He looks like he is in excruciating pain. I would love to take his pain away, but I don't know how to.

We may have not always gotten along, but she was still my mum and I love her, she will leave a huge hole in all of our lives, my siblings and I have lost the only Mum we have ever known

The whole pack would have been able to hear our grief. I'm sure that Dad would have eventually let Logan know what is going on when he recovers from the shock. We hear the packs replying howl, this is customary when someone dies, it is a show of respect.

How are you holding up Rori?

I feel like I am an empty shell, she curled in a small ball in the back of my mind and whimpers.

After I howl myself hoarse I slump down and sob.

A few days later we have Mum's funeral. I don't remember much of it or the time that passed since then, it was just an emotional blur. All I can remember is pack members coming up to us and giving their condolence and bringing dinner over every night, so we don't have to cook.

A few days after Mum's funeral, I am tossing and turning in bed again. My brain reminds me of what she said before she died. I can't sleep, I feel broken and devastated thinking about my Mum's death, my unknown parents and brother and my heart is shattering, it is so painful.

I haven't been able to process what my mum told me, I want to talk to other pack members about it, but I'm not ready to open that can of worms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it is a short chapter. is that what you were expecting?