Chapter 3 Training

Sapphires POV

After school I take my siblings home, I quickly make them afternoon tea, then run up to my room and get changed for training, when I enter the kitchen I see them all eating.

"Have a good evening, I'll be home at about 6.30," I yell out as I'm heading out the door before I start my run to the training grounds which are only about 500 meters away from the pack house.

The training ground is a big dirt arena the size of an Olympic-sized swimming pool that is situated around the back of the pack house. A lush green beautiful forest wraps around it and there is a well-worn running track that snakes through it. As I arrive I realize that I am slightly early.

Just to the right of it is a building with spare clothes and anything else we might need. On the left is a massive military-style obstacle course that I love to use.

As I'm contemplating going to the obstacle course before anyone else shows up, I spot Liam, Luke, Charlie, and Dan walking towards me. They are helping with the training of the group today.

Liam and Charlie are very tall. They both have wide shoulders and tattoos all over their arms. Luke and Dan are slightly shorter, but just as wide. Luke has a scar running down his chest from a rogue attack. Sometimes I see the girls swoon over all four of them. I shake my head and try to hide my laughter.

Once, one girl started to walk up to Luke when he took his shirt off and tried to touch his scar. He growled loudly at her, looking livid. She whimpered away looking scared, I thought she was going to piss herself.

I have grown up around them all my life. All four look very intimidating, but to me, they are four big teddy bears, soft and squishy on the inside.

"Hi, guys." I smile at their advancing figures.

"Hi Sapphire." they all chant at the same time. We all crack up laughing. Just as they reach me I see all the teenagers coming towards us. The warriors and I stand in a line with our backs to the pack house.

"Welcome everyone," I greet all the teenagers as they walk closer.

"Hello, Warriors." they all say at the same time as they huddle together.

"Today we are going to be training differently," I tell them while trying not to show how excited I am. Some smile and others look nervous, they know we never take it easy on them.

"So today we will start with a 10 km run instead of our normal 20," I inform them. "Then we will be going through the obstacle course and when you have finished that you will be sparing. There will be no shifting today." I see Warriors Liam and Luke smirking at each other, the ones who can shift groan.

"There will be four warriors observing to make sure that there is no cheating, and to call the winner of each round." I point to the warriors.

"The first one to push their opponent out of the circle goes on to the next round. The last person standing wins, girl versus girl, boy versus boy." Luke says.

"If we are impressed enough we will let you all have the weekend off to enjoy the pack BBQ and run Saturday night," Charlie informs them.

They all get excited, and some of them fist-pump each other.

"Start warming up for ten minutes, then start running," Dan tells them.

We always have warriors running in the front, middle, and end of the group, so no kids get lost or attacked by rogues. Dan and I are running in the front position today, we all take off at a fast pace.