Chapter 16 Mate

Marks POV

One of my duties as the newly appointed Beta is to make sure no one is in the wrong place or doing something they shouldn't be doing. I do my normal rounds of the pack house, head down the hallway, and spot someone trying to get onto Zavier's floor. Before I pounce on the intruder, I realize it is Amy, a crazy she-wolf who has a thing for Zavier.

She notices I see her, and I give her a piss-off look, and she scuttles off.

"Beta Mark, come to my office." Zavier's mind links me.

"Yes Zavier, whoops I mean Alpha that is going to take some time to get used to."

"Tell me about it."

I just barge into his office as if I own it.

"I have replaced the broken furniture in my Dad's office and need you to go and collect it all from the store. Here is a list of supplies that we need from the supermarket, take two guards with you, especially with all the rogues in the area."

"Yes, Alpha Zavier. By the way, I caught Amy trying to get onto your bedroom floor again." I sigh in frustration. "She needs to be kicked out of the pack. She will cause trouble for you when you find your mate."

"I know, the stupid thing about this is, I have never led her on or anything. She has it in her head that we are mates. I have never spent any time with her for f**k's sake." He says slamming his hands down on his desk.

"I'm pleased I'm not you man."

"Thanks," he says sarcastically.

I need to mind-link two bodyguards to come with me to the supermarket.

"Shane and Ace meet me in front of the pack house in 10 minutes, we need to go to town."

"Yes, Beta Mark."

I go to the garage that holds all the vehicles and grab the key from the wall. I hop in a truck and drive it out, head to the front of the pack house, and wait for Shane and Ace.

As I pull up they arrive and get in.

"Evening Shane, Ace," I say to them.

"Evening Beta Mark."

Titan suddenly seems to be very agitated.

"What are you doing, settle down would you, I'm trying to drive"

"Sorry, I feel on edge"

"Me to Titan." He huffed and curled into a ball.

The drive to town is quick, and collecting the furniture is even easier, the store had it all ready for us to collect, and it didn't take Shane, Ace, and me too long to load it all into the truck. Now just the supplies to collect, then home.

We don't have anything delivered to the pack house anymore, this is to stop rogues trying to penetrate our territory. As we get closer to the supermarket Titan pokes his head up with excitement.

"Mate is close," he tells me and I start to get excited. I wonder what she is like.

"That's everything on our list, let's go to the checkout." we have got everything we need from the supermarket.

"Yes, Beta Mark." The guards replied while pushing a trolley each.

As we walk around the supermarket to the checkout, I'm hit with the most intoxicating smell of Berries and Citrus. It gets stronger the further we walk around the shop.

As we move around the corner of the aisle to head the cheek-out, I see a beautiful girl standing with a group of people who must be her family. She looks like she is sniffing the air, trying to find something.