Chapter 12 Meeting

Sapphires POV

After school, we all catch up with Dad outside the pack house, for our meeting with Logan.

My hands are sweating, and I can't stop wringing them together. Dean grabs my hand and gives me a small smile. Gosh, I love that kid, I would do anything for my little brother.

Dad was about to knock when Logan called us in.

We all follow Dad into Logan's office. The desk that he sits at is beautifully crafted mahogany and, is on the right-hand side of the room. The massive window to the left has floor-to-ceiling bookshelves covering the walls on both sides of it. To the left is the sitting area, which is made up of a couch and some chairs. Ava, Dean, and Evelyn sit on the couch, and Dad, and I sit on the other couch. He has a fantastic view of the mountains surrounding the forest in the background.

Logan looks like he's finishing up some paperwork, and looks up to greet us, I can see where Stewart gets his chiseled good looks from, Stewart is a younger carbon copy of him. "First of all, I would like to say that I am sorry for your loss?"

"Thanks, Alpha Logan." we all reply at the same time.

"Right let's get down to business. As you know your Dad and I have been looking into missing girls from other packs in this country, after what you learned about Sapphire's parentage" he explains.

"We have established that none of the other packs that are in our alliance have had a twin girl go missing. We are having trouble getting some of the other packs, that are not in our alliance to be forthcoming with this sensitive information. They are very wary of us, and want to know why we want to know about missing girls."

"Travis has let me know that you were able to form a mental link with your brother. I am very impressed that you were able to do that Sapphire. You are a remarkable young lady." I blush at his praise.

"Thanks, Alpha Logan."

"Just Logan." He corrects me and gives me that fatherly smile, that I  have recognized all my life.

"Oops sorry Logan." I smile at him.

"Unfortunately, there are quite a few packs that start with Mo. I have managed to scale it down to 12 packs. Here is a list of the packs." He hands the list over to Dad and I look at it.

"Wow!" I read the list. Mockingbird, Moon High, Moon Star, the list goes on and on.

I feel disheartened and wonder if we can find him.

"Do you know where Cindy grew up?"

"No. Cindy always said she grew up in a small town, and would not tell me what pack she came from. She was just as secretive about her childhood, as she was about Sapphire." Dad answers.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in," Logan said.

In walks Thomas and Cody.

Dad stands up and shakes hands with them. "Nice to see you both."

"Same." They say at the same time. Anyone would think that they were twins with the way they act sometimes. The only difference is that Thomas can be very serious, and Cody is a goofball sometimes.

"Alpha Logan. I think we have found something about Cindy."

"What did you find out?" Our alpha is always straight to the point, my nerves can't take much more of this.

"We found Cindy's transfer papers, and she came from up north. The Moon Star pack is in the mountain, and it is eight hours away." I hear a sharp intake from everyone when The Moon Star pack is mentioned.

"That is the strongest pack in the country. Alpha Zander has a reputation for being ruthless, even cruel after a family tragedy occurred. No one knows what happened to make him so cruel."

"I have contacted Alpha Zander and enquired about any missing girls from his pack. Well, let's just say that he flipped out and started to yell and scream. Asking why I wanted to know about missing girls from his pack."

"I could hear things being smashed and broken in the background. The phone got disconnected before I could explain why we were enquiring. From his reaction, I think it hit a sensitive spot." Thomas informed us.

"Do you know if he has any children?" I have a funny feeling that I could not shake.

"Yes, Sapphire. He has two sons Zavier is 18, Zane is 16, and a 12-year-old daughter named Ruby."

I don't feel good at all, I feel like I'm going to faint. I am trying to hold it together, so no one notices, but I didn't succeed very well.

"Sapphire, are you okay? breath, nice deep breaths in and out, do we need to call the doc over?" Logan asked.

"No thanks Logan, I just started to panic when I heard the name Zavier. I have been dreaming about that name my whole life."

"You named your stuffed wolf Zavier." Evelyn pipes up, I give her a death stare, thanks Evelyn, that's embarrassing.

Moon Star Pack is on this list I'm holding. "Thank you for all your help with this, we appreciate it."

"We would like to go on vacation for a while, and tiki tour around the country, and maybe go visit Moon Star pack." Dad takes a deep breath in and out.  "We need to visit the Moon Star Pack. We will do it under the guise of a vacation. Is that okay with you Logan?" Dad inquired.

"Not a problem! I will call Alpha Zander and let him know you will be in the area soon and would like to stop by to visit. We will tell him that you are a trusted family in the area, and it is best not to tell them about Sapphire until you make sure that they are your family. But tread carefully around Moon Star pack."

"You never know, you might find your family Sapphire. Have a good night everyone." He looked at me with kind eyes.

"Time to head home now kids! Good night Logan, Thomas, and Cody."Dad says as we all head out the door.