Chapter 15 Road Trip

Sapphires Pov

It was nice to be home after everything we have learned.

I look at Dad, and he gives me a reassuring smile. I smile back  at them. Next minute, I am in the middle of a big family hug, and they say that I am still their sister no matter what.

That's what I needed to hear in amongst this mess, that they still think of me as their sister and daughter and don't reject me, I love my family.

"You all are still my family no matter what." I choke out trying to control my breathing.

A few days later, we are heading on our family vacation to god knows where and who knows what awaits us.  It is going to be a long 8-hour trip, we wanted to drive to spend time together and see some of the countrysides. This is the first time we are going outside of the territory.

We stop every couple of hours to do the tourist thing. Have ice cream on the beach is nice, miss home though, and we take heaps of photos of our tiki tour to cherish.

Dean asks me to sit in the back with him when im not driving. I am happy to do that for him. He holds my hand for most of the trip and eventually fell asleep with his head resting on my shoulder. He looks so peaceful sleeping.

Watching him sleep has made me realize that family and friends are what is important in life. I hope Rory comes back to me soon, I miss her sassy ass. I totally understand why she needs time to heal after our loss and the whole gym incident, but she won't talk to me yet!

Dad has arranged for us to stay in a Motel tonight, close to the mountains.

We finally arrive at the Motel, it is a nice place, very spacious, with a nice little kitchen and lounge, in each unit. Dad has booked two units for us, next door to each other.

When Dad stops the car outside the office, we all hop out and start to stretch our legs, which have seized up.

I go to grab my bag out of the car's boot, but Dean grabs his bag and mine simultaneously. He is so cute. He is struggling with the  two heavy bags but doesn't want to show it.

"Can I help you, buddy?"

"No, I'm good, sis."

He drags the bags across the parking lot to the first unit and dumps them in the doorway, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"You are very strong, buddy." he beams the biggest smile at me

"I know." I chuckle at his response and ruffle his hair.

Dad and Dean share one unit that has two beds in it, and Evelyn, Ava, and I are sharing the other unit. I walk into the unit and spot the room with a queen-sized bed in it. "My room!" I yell at my sisters.

"Damn," Ava sighed out, giving me a disgruntled look. My sisters have to share a room with two single beds in it.

"We need to head out to get food," Dad tells us.

We all climb back into the car after resting for a bit and head to the nearest supermarket.

We are in there buying some food for our stay in this quiet little town, when I feel Rory starting to resurface. She is pacing in my head, being very restless. I am excited that she has finally decided to forgive me.

I catch the scent of the most intoxicating smell I have ever smelt, freshly cut grass and coconut. I sniffed the air. My feet follow the delicious scent by themselves, and I do a quick survey of the supermarket.

I see three imposing men. The taller guy in front of the other two looks like their leader. They are walking to the checkout when I see his body stiffen up, and he slowly turns around to face me, sniffing the air like I am doing. I lock eyes with him, and I am looking straight into a pair of captivating green eyes that hold me hostage. His gaze is so intense that it holds me in one spot. I am instantly in a puddle of need that is so overwhelming. I just want to touch him and hold him close to me and never let him go.