Chapter 11 Link

Sapphires POV

Everything changed after Mum died, Dad is trying to keep it together for us. We can see how hard he is trying. It hurts to lose half of your soul, some wolves die after losing their mates, and they can't carry on with the pain and grief.

I'm not doing training sessions at the moment, I found out that Dad recently explained to Alpha Logan what Mum said about my family, and that's why I have been excused from my duties for now. I'm pleased, as I have to get my head in the right space to be able to defend the pack.

School holidays start in a few days and I need to get away from here. I just want to run and run without a care in the world. I hope that Dad lets me go for a holiday, I want to go on a tiki tour.

I don't mind stepping up and taking care of my siblings, making sure that they are fed, have clean clothes on, and make it back to school after Mum's funeral. I was doing it beforehand anyway.

I cook Dad's favorite dinner, Lamb Shanks hoping to sweeten him up a bit.

I ask Ava and Evelyn to cook a self-saucing pudding, Dean just walks down the stairs, a smile getting bigger and bigger on his cute face as he smells dinner and pudding cooking.

We are starting to get a bit better, but it is hard, we find strength in sharing stories and spending time together, trying to get back to some sort of normal.

"Are you going to leave me since you have another brother?" Dean asks with tears running down his face.

Oh boy, now I know why he has been stuck to me like glue, this broke my heart hearing him say that. Mum's death and what she said has been hard on him.

I get up from the table, pick him up, and hug him, "No buddy, you will always be my brother, just like Ava and Evelyn will always be my sisters, and Dad will always be my dad." I look at everyone else, and they are all crying.

It is now or never taking a deep breath, I ask Dad. "Can we all go on a road trip for the school holidays? I don't know where but I need to get away for a while." Tears are running down my face while I ask. I have changed my mind about going by myself, I can't do that to my family.

Dad sits there and stares at me, "Is that why you cooked my favorite dinner and pudding?" Damn, he knows me so well.

"Yep, I thought you would agree to it if I sweetened you up a bit first."

Well, I was not expecting him to just crack up and laugh and laugh, this is the first time he has laughed, and we all start laughing and laughing and can't stop. It felt so good.

Dad stopped laughing and became serious. "Well actually, Alpha Logan and I have been searching through old records about missing girls and have a few leads, but it is still hard to get any information from other packs about this." We all stop and freeze, listening intently to what he is saying.

"I will try and set up a meeting with Logan tomorrow afternoon. I think a holiday is what we all need."

OMG, next minute all of us kids are jumping up and down and screaming excitedly.

"I wonder what your brother looks like, aye. I bet he is a hunk and just imagine if he has the same eyes as you Sapphire?" Ava said drooling just thinking about him.

I roll my eyes and walk away with Dean close behind me, I look at him. "Would you like me to read you a bedtime story?"

Dean's face lights up, he loves me reading stories to him.