Chapter 13 Destroying

Zavier POV

The weather is sunny and a great evening for training. I need to train tonight to get my mind off last night, did my sister really communicate with me or was it just a dream? 

The big open field around me probably needs more grass seeds from being worn down. My two best friends are helping me train a couple of dozen pack members tonight. "All right everyone, line up and form two groups, one for the obstacle course and another for sparing. We will..."

Dad's Beta Lennox mind link suddenly comes through.

Zavier we need you to come to your dad's office right away, he is destroying it!

Coming!

I look to my friends Mark, and Conner to follow me.

"Fred, take over training, something has come up." Fred is the most experienced in the group.

"Yes, Zavier."

As we get closer to Dad's office we can hear him yelling and screaming. There is a massive hole in the side of the building. Furniture is being thrown out of it, there are broken twisted, and munted pieces everywhere.

"Alpha Zander please calm down!" Beta Lennox begs, fear laced in his voice.

"We want to help you, but you need to tell us what happened." I recognize Gamma Anthony and Beta Lennox's voices.

When we enter his office we are shocked at what we are witnessing, he is enraged, half shifting from wolf to human form while throwing things. He picks up a chair and throws it out the hole in the wall.

"Dad, what happened? Please calm down!" It was devastating to see him like this.

The desk is smashed in half, and books and paperwork are thrown about. It looks like a bomb has gone off.

Mum,

I'm coming as fast as I can, is he OK?

I can hear the desperation in her voice, No! I managed to reply Dad needs you, come to his office!

Zav, I'm nearly there.

"When will it ever stop!?" He yells. "The nerve of them ringing me and asking about missing girls from my pack!"

"I know I didn't protect my family. I failed my mate and daughter!" tears run down his face. "18 years I have tried to find her and nothing so far, not a damn lead, nothing!" Another chair gets thrown against the wall and makes the hole bigger. We can all hear a massive growl coming from him, and it is very scary.

Mum sprints in and is shocked at the state of her mate. Mum quickly runs up to Dad and embraces him to try and calm him down. Dad inhales deeply letting her scent wash over him to calm himself. It slowly works, he is finally in a calmer state of mind.

Dad must have had his wall up so, Mum could not feel most of his emotions throw the mate bond.

"What happened love?" Mum looks into his eyes and sees the torment swirling in them.

"How can you look at me like that, knowing I was not able to protect our family? Zinnia is gone and it is my fault. I should have stayed at the hospital."

"No, you did the right thing, we were being attacked by rogues. You needed to help the pack. Please stop blaming yourself. I feel guilty that Zinnia is gone too. If I had not gone and had a shower we would still have her. We are lucky that they didn't take Zavier as well." Tears are streaming down her face from the grief of losing a child.