Chapter 19 Overkill

Sapphires POV

Mark lets us know that three cars are coming from the pack to pick us up after breakfast. Two of the cars are for the warriors to travel back in and one is for Mark and me. Dad, Dean, and the girls are in our car.

I have never been part of a convoy before. The cars with the warriors are in the front and back of the convoy. Anyone would think that we are special, I see confused looks from the other people at the Motel overkill if you ask me.

I get nervous and start to fidget with the hem of my top, the closer we get to the border of  Moon Star Pack territory.

Mark holds my hand while driving which sends sparks traveling through my hand and reassuring me by saying. "Everything will be fine." I calmed down a little after that. I can't help but wonder about my birth parents, what they are like, and whether the rumors are true about my birth father being cruel.

the view of the mountain is amazing, with rolling hills the closer we get to the pack territory. We are currently driving down a road with trees on either side of it, we eventually come up to a fence with guards at the gate.

When the guards see Mark they nod to him as they let us through while running on either side of the car howling. I looked at Mark puzzled, he leaned over and whispered into my ear "The guards are giving you a grand honor running on both sides." I beam at him, which nearly starts me crying again, I'm not going to cry, I tell myself.

Eventually, the road opens up to a huge clearing with a massive building that is about 5 stories high that comes into view.  With smaller buildings around the edges of it, but not too close to the forest. It must be the pack house.

Standing at the top of the steps of the big building are the retired Alpha Zander and Emerald Luna aka Mum and Dad, next to them is Zavier, then a girl and a boy who must be Zane and Ruby. OMG, now I know where I get the strawberry blond hair from! Emerald has the same colouring.

It looks like all of the pack members are standing around on the open field, there are hundreds of them.

Mark squeezes my hand, I don't realize I am holding my breath, I let it out and relax a little bit more, when all the cars come to a stop, outside the building. I see my family get out of their car and the warriors immediately get out and stand guard scanning the crowd for any potential threats.

I sit in the car trying to shrink into my seat, while my breathing is going berserk. I need to get my breathing under control, so I don't have a panic attack. My heart is beating a million miles an hour. It feels like it is going to jump out of my chest. You can do this, I tell myself over and over again.

I didn't hear Mark get out of the car and come around to my side. When he opens the door, I give him a strained smile, trying not to show how scared and panicked I am, at meeting my family for the first time. He grabs my hand which helps settle my nerves and my breathing becomes steady, once I get a hold of myself.

I was staring at our hands trying to summon the courage to get out of the car, why is it easier to fight rogues than to move from the seat?

"Sapphire look at me." He told me sternly. I obviously didn't hear him the first few times he called my name. When I do meet his eyes, I melt instantly, seeing the love and compassion swirl around in them.

"They are going to love you, they have been waiting 18 years to meet you and are so excited to see you. Don't make them wait any longer, I will be by your side the whole time OK? I'm not going anywhere." I nod at him. With Mark's encouragement, I can summon up the courage to get out of the car. As soon as I'm out he wraps his arm around my waist moving me closer to him.