Chapter 9 Embarrassed

Sapphires POV

I start to wake up and stretch my limbs, which are stiff and sore. I can feel and smell my very comfortable bed beneath me, and then I remember the night before. I can't believe the state I got in. I put my pillow over my head in shame, and groan out in desperation and embarrassment. How did I get home?

I didn't realize Dad was in my bedroom until he cleared his throat.

I slowly move the pillow down my face, so only my eyes are showing, I look at Dad standing by my window, he looks sad. There are black bags under his eyes, but chuckles at my antics.

"How are you feeling?" He asks while walking across the room to sit on the side of my bed.

I go bright red. "A lot better now that I pummeled the living shit out of those punching bags, they looked pretty munted when I was pulled off them."

"That's good, I was worried when I saw the state you were in when Stewart took you to the hospital last night."

"Oh." I go bright red, how did I get home?

"After the doctor assessed you and gave you the all-clear, and I brought you home. I know that you would want to wake up in your bed."

"Thanks, Dad, you know me so well." I blush "How long was I asleep for?"

"16 hrs."

"Oh, shit." I look down at my body and realize I have been washed and changed, I cringe wondering who did that.

"Don't worry Evelyn and Ava changed you," Dad reassures me.

"How did you know that was what I was thinking?"

"You are my daughter." He says while lifting his eyebrows at me.

I lean over and hug Dad. "Love you, Dad."

"Love you to Sapphire."

"Stewart has been asking me every hour if you are awake. I'm very impressed with Stewart, Elijah, and Tim with how they helped you last night."

"Me too Dad, they saw me at my lowest."

"I take it they are waiting to come over?"

"Yep," Dad says popping the P

"Wait, who cleaned up the mess I made in the gym?" I realise I didn't clean up all the blood.

"Tim and Elijah did."

"Oh." I put my pillow over my head again in shame.

"I'll go have a shower." I get up and kiss Dad's cheek.

The shower is so nice on my stiff muscles. I manage to wash away some of the blood that my sisters missed, now that the bandages are off my hands. I drag myself out after 30 minutes, put on black leggings and a red tank top, and head down to the kitchen to make something to eat. My hands and feet are still a bit sore.

As I get closer to the kitchen I can hear my siblings talking and the delicious smell of food cooking. When I enter the kitchen, I am met with a pleasant surprise, Ava and Evelyn are making: pancakes, hash browns, sausages, bacon, and eggs. My mouth starts to water and my stomach gives the loudest growl I have ever heard.

"Sapphire!" Dean yells running up to me and jumping on me, I catch him and hold him tight.

"How are you, buddy?"

"Better now that you are awake, don't scare me like that again!"

"Ok, sorry buddy." I sheepishly reply. He squeezes me tighter, I kiss his forehead and set him down on his feet.