15 : we are mates

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the rhythmic thumping of the wall clock echoed in sync with taehyung's heartbeat, creating a symphony of sound that reverberated in his ears. the incessant ticking was as loud as the pounding of his own heart, and he yearned for it to come to a halt.

he pushed himself against the pillow that rested on the bed frame. terror filled eyes wandering left and right in case something happened- something would definitely happen.

taehyung looked down at the shirt that belonged to someone else- someone who was not human. his hands trembled and eyes bulged noticing the blood on the pale white shirt.

he let out a choked gasp before forcefully removing his shirt, not even taking the time to unbutton it. in a fit of pure terror, he tore it off from his body and threw it away. his gaze shifted downwards to check if there was any remaining trace of blood on his pants, but fortunately, there was none. taehyung pulled his knees towards his chest, embracing them tightly with his arms and shut his eyes, attempting to regain control over his emotions.

the images of the man, his fucked up face and the gaping hole in his chest kept flashing whenever he closed his eyes, urging him to open them just to close his eyes again to repeat the cycle. tears streamed down his face with each futile attempt in trying to get rid of that scene but it haunted his head, each fresh memory clear in his head.

taehyung cried uncontrollably as he buried his face between his knees, attempting to shut out the horrifying scenes. but no matter how hard he tried, he could still see jeongguk with his cold, yellow eyes, sharp fangs and blood-stained mouth, feasting on the heart of a once living human.

taehyung saw jeongguk murdering a human- jeongguk was a killer. a monster who devoured human blood in the most gruesome way.

and to think he agreed to be this very monster's toy- taehyung must have lost his mind. so what if jeongguk killed a human? what did he expect from a vampire? it didn't mean he would jump in the fire as well. he was fine for most times, why did he have to go and fuck it all up?

now he stayed on the bed, waiting for the monster to come and fuck him out of his senses who was currently having a relaxing bath after casually killing someone off and drinking their blood like a hyena. yeah, he must have lost his damn mind to offer himself like that.

however, if time was rewind maybe taehyung would have done it again. knowing while he was upstairs, someone down in the basement was having their heart ripped out of their chest just for a vampire to feast on their blood, seemed absolutely inhuman to taehyung- after all, he was a human. he still had emotions, rather very stupid emotions but he couldn't help it. there were no other options, were there?

trying to calm himself down for the last forty minutes which was an absolute fail, taehyung's heart stopped beating for a second by the sound of the bathroom door opening.