Clearing the air Chapter 26

Sunday April 23rd 2022

"Don't you dare jump off this roof and end your life, you're a humanitarian, a beautiful girl,"

"I'm an ugly looking geek with braces in my mouth and this headgear gets uncomfortable,?"

"You can remove it,"

"Mike go away."

Louise stepped up...

"Monica it'll break my heart you're the closest I'll ever have to my own child I'm 30 years old, and you're my reason to go on, and I been told I'd never have kids in my life and you and me have a great bond I can't let you do this,"

"Why?"

"Why over some stupid bullies, over an f boy like Sammy who lead you on and pretended like he fancied you when clearly he has options he only pretended he cared, but that's life, and stupid Grace, a fight in the past with Sofia Lauranette and then you and Emily are sort of getting along, why would you want to end your life? I know it sounds selfish, but I need you..."

"I CAN'T TAKE MUM, SHE'S IMPRISONING ME, I CAN'T GO ANYWHERE OR BREATHE... I'M JUMPING,"

"NO MONICA,"

I turned around and saw Ibrahim and Jimmy and all the boys I worked with...

Mike told me it wouldn't be the same without me...

I just wanted some solitude away from my mum...

Mike said I could stay at his, "but I'll still see Emily, at school..."

"Don't tell her,"

"You can trust me I won't tell my sister Sonia Vokasovich anything."

So it was agreed...

I stayed at the carwash and Mike paid me triple wages for doing a whole Sunday so I was happy.

It wasn't long before mum began to call Aunt Louise...

"Monica is fine she's with me, but she's in the shower and we'll talk later,"

"No I feel awful, I don't know what to do; I don't know what to do about school or anything,"

"Monica will be at school don't worry good night,"

Aunt Louise shut off her phone and Emily called me, "you got me worried psycho,"

"I don't want to come to school,"

"I still have to go too,"

"Oh man,"

"Great it's not like we can't blame Craig and say he promised privacy and swore he wouldn't open the boot,"

"No Monica we may as well face it, what goes around comes around- when Grace was bad, others treated her good, then she got treated bad hence karma and although she deserves it we got karma, the good streaks over,"

"NOOOOOOO,"

Karma was my worse nightmare...
See I got that even if I didn't do anything bad, but this happened unexpectedly and it hit the hardest...
Only I have a bad habit of being vengeful toward Grace and I'm not jealous or anything and it's made me feel deep remorse and guilt...
I can't help it so I know I'll keep getting hit with karma...

Me and Aunt Louise talked because you know she's brilliant for that and she's young so it's cool..

"Honey you can't move away and expect everyone to be golden, you got to accept the good and the bad and the ugliest in people's personalities right or wrong and no i don't think you're bad for taking revenge sweetheart and she did take revenge back and her karma is coming?

"Yes, but I'm already ugly, I'm already a fucking geek and I'm already short and damn ugly; yes a flaming chubby cunt,"

"Not chubby, but not extremely thin and yuck nobody likes a stick insect I mean Mr Bushy likes Hot Cross Buns and shortcakes he's not too keen on licking the icing off the Eifel Tower, he chose strawberry short cake,"

The way she put it, nope, it didn't trigger me at all, I actually laughed...
"Ewww yuck yuck yuck, gross gross gross gross gross, gross, gross?"

"Monica you're great at dealing with this shit why you so damn sensitive?"

"Cursed, maybe I'm cursed,"

"No, now let's try this, haha. Vokasovich Bushy likes hot cross buns haha haha,"

(Crowded kids laughter) the recording triggered Monica...

"Yeah, and Mr Bushy likes em toasted and buttered not crispy and burned with nothing on it, and he likes fat juicy ribs with sassy tender juicy fucking chewy meat on em, not bones,"

"Haha, yes, this is my Monica. You go, girl, you smash it."

I asked Craig and Monica to make fun of me, and I started getting my self-esteem back...

"Hey Emily, your dad's beard is so weird can does Mr Bushy get paid for people to pee in it,"

"Craig nobody in their right mind would say that!" Emily sighed...

Monica fueled up, "Haha for a damn few extra bucks who gives a damn and if they're desperate they're paying him 1000 bucks now shut the fuck up,"

"Monica I guess Bushy runs in the family your hair, and oh no I'm sorry your parents are caught on camera making out haha that's kind of a sticky one, you're stuck in quite a Bush,"

"No I'm not, you're the one stuck in the bush, you'll need ankle surgery in those heels and you'll look 50 when you're 25 because cosmetics age you so much faster,"

Emily and Craig knew I was on a roll and I'll do just fine...

Meanwhile an unknown number called me...

"Haha sorry Monica about your parents,"
"Why you're so insecure they're probably miserable, mine are great and it's why you're making fun of mine haha,"

Louise and Mike laughed too and the number hung up.

Mike helped me so much, "Mike, I'm going to get a Mr Beast Shake,"

"Here, grab one for me and Louise. Will you please,"

"Okay, and you just paid my wages, and let me stay here now, this ones on me Richie rich,"
"If it's on, you make it more Monica, not Grace,"
"Sure,"

Mike did give me the money, and I put it into his back pocket...

"Hey my niece isn't your slave, haha,"

"Hey ping pong I paid her 450$ plus she got 600$ in tips she's loaded she needs to be paying me to help her haha; just kidding she's like the kid I always wished I had,"

"Where are your children,"

"I was a young widow aged 29 and the eldest are in Harvard, the Prince is in Princeton and ones in Oxford and the youngest is in prison,"

Louise raised her brows and dilated her pupils and then asked, "May I ask why,"

"I'd rather not talk about it, I raised him so well and look I'd rather not talk about it can we change the subject please?"

"Sure, I'm sorry I asked you,"

"It's fine don't worry,"

Mike was sad and thought for a little while, looking out at the view outside onto the kerbside."

I got back, and the atmosphere seemed tense, "what's going on?"

"Nothing, nothing at all we were teasing each other,"

I laughed at my aunt, only I knew she wasn't telling me the truth, my intuition could feel she was lying to me!

Anyways, I had the shakes, got a spare toothbrush for me and Aunt Louise.