CHAPTER 1 - DEPARTURE

I glanced over my friends shoulder. I kept staring till his shadow left the corridor and down the stairs and finally out of the gate. I kept looking till nothing of him was left to depart. I still kept staring as I could still feel his presence, at the bottom of my heart.
"Hey! Who are you looking for?" Diana asked with curiosity. "Umm... nothing...I was just thinking what would I do after getting back to home since the exams are over."
She again said," Oh I see! But, is anything troubling you? You look miserable."
I said, "Yeah. At the thought of loosing you guys, I am quite sad though..." Diana hugged me making a cute face, giving me shivers down my spine and a sense of relief.
After school, I went and sat on a park nearby with a coke and packet of chips in my hand. Looking at the river infront, I got lost in my thoughts. My eyes slowly started to fill with tears at the thoughts of Raymond; but I resisted it just like one resists medicated eye drops from oozing out and falling sideways. In the hurly-burly of life, we may not be in contact and just like love, our friendship will also slowly fade.
A gentle smile appeared on my face realising that even after every sufferings how beautiful it is to keep all your love preserved and treasured for one person without letting that intense feeling divide between two. I still selfishly want him to be mine but afterall, all I can want and pray for is the happiness of my favourite 'almost'.

*P.S. I hope you liked reading the first chapter; stay tuned for the next part 😉*