CHAPTER 12- DATE

Moday: 5th September, 2022

It was Teacher's day. All the students entered with cards and gifts and grins on their face. The students arranged a thanks giving program for the teachers. Every performances went according to the event schedule- dance, song, poetry, drama and then ending with Thanksgiving. The teachers were overwhelmed; our principal encouraged us with her words. After that, the students were released.

I and Raymond didn't go home. We planned to go on a date.
"Are you sure you wanna go Ross? I mean no one will find out right?"
I said, "Yeah, I informed at home that I have two tutions after school. I'll go home alone. They're are less bothered about me. I manage everything alone."
Putting his hand on my shoulder, he said, " Hey! Why would you say like that? They are your parents."
"Umm...you won't understand. Anyways, leave all these. Let's go."
"Okay then, come."

He drove us to a cafe which took near about twenty minutes to reach. We sat on chairs facing easy other. The ambience was beautiful and aesthetic. Singers sat on chairs at four corners with a violin on their hand, playing jazz which added a soothing feeling to the eye-catching environment. It was arranged with various posters of music bands and artists. The waiters and owner was very hostile towards everyone. We ordered two cheese grilled sandwiches, chicken nuggets, french fries and most importantly coffee.
The waiter arrived with our orders in twelve minutes "Here you go. Enjoy your dish, mam and sir any more requirements?"
"No. Thank you."

The food was too good, just as I expected.
I asked Raymond, "Who gave you the address of this fabulous cafe?"
"Do you really need to ask anything from anyone when you can google it?"
"Oh, so you googled it. I loved this, its a beautiful treat to heart and mind. Perfect place for lovers."
"Indeed, I can't agree to anything more."
"Thank you. You made my day."
"Anything for you", he took my hand accross the table and kissed to assure it.
We clicked some cute photos together.

He asked, "There's a fair nearby. Wanna go?"
"Yeah sure. Let's have some fun."
It was really a huge fair filled with rides, lights, stationary shops and food stalls. The place was very crowded, people of almost every age were present. "Wanna ride the ferris wheel?", he asked me.
"Umm...no...I have vertigo."
"Come on, don't lie. I know you don't have vertigo by the look on your face. Don't worry. I'll be there."
He forcefully took me but I didn't want to go. Anyways, I wasn't left with any choice. He bought two tickets. We were asked to sit accordingly in the boxes. It started maintaining a slow pace at first, speeding up slowly. I started to panic, my limbs were getting cold and numb. Raymond held my hands tightly and turned my head, rested on his shoulder facing the opposite side. "I am there. Don't panic." I was still shivering after it stopped and we got down. I slapped his hands out of irritation. He bought me an ice cream.

Its already 7 p.m. I should get back home now. He dropped me a bit far from my home, about a walking distance of ten minutes. "Take care Ross. Bye. Call me when you reach home."
"Yeah sure. You too, bye."

*The date was a cute one right? What do you guys think? 🤗*