CHAPTER 17- REALISATION

Sebastian- "What the hell Rosalind? I heard You broke up!"
Rosalind- "Not only me, it's 'we'. It's mutual."
(He paused for a moment and said)
Sebastian- "When did you sleep last night?"
Rosalind- "I didn't."
Sebastian- "Guessed so."
(I started to sob silently but Sebastian understood already. No one understands me better than him.)
Sebastian- "Stop crying. You're migraines will be triggered."
Rosalind- "I don't care. I knew he was tired of me. I didn't want to trouble him. I don't want anyone to get burdened in order to..."
(He interrupted me and said)
Sebastian- "Ross... when did you understand that it was over?"
Rosalind- "When I started to fall for the memories, more than him."
" I'm hanging up. I'll talk to you later, Sebastian."

After this, I took my diary and wrote -
No one falls in love with someone thinking they would become a stranger one day. We went through all that just to be friends again!

I believed I would know you forever.
I barely ate anything. I felt exhausted, confused, sad, tensed, messed, hurt and every worst possible feeling anyone can get. At night, I called Sebastian again.
Rosalind- "Do you think if we met differently in a different way at a different place, would we have stood a chance?
(I asked him with a broken voice)
Sebastian- "One thing we always get wrong, trying to relive a moment that was only meant to be felt once."
Rosalind- "you're right. It was my mistake. My fucking mistake. I hate myself. Shit!!"
Sebastian- "Do you want me to talk to him and make things right between you two?"
Rosalind- "Did he tell you something?"
Sebastian- "No, I haven't heard from him since yesterday. He just told me was tired and frustrated."
Rosalind- "It's my fault all along. I know but its too late. I don't want to mess things up, it's already messed enough. He asked me to be friends now. I wonder how he said that so easily."
Sebastian- "You're already hurt so much. I told you but.... anyways you should sleep. Don't be this mad. Focus on the upcoming exam."
Rosalind- "Who would understand you better than me? You have also gone through this phase, twice. But I guess you're right. Good night."
Sebastian- "Good night. Take care."
A week later
Sebastian-"Hello. Good morning. Are you okay?"
Rosalind- "No Sebs, I'm broken. I am fucked up. I am having panic attacks every night."
Sebastian- "I am really feeling sad to see you like this. Try to take your mind of this by doing something you love."
Rosalind- "You know what I loved? I loved it when I caught him staring at me. I loved it when  used to kuss my forehead to make me feel safe. I will always love staring at his dark brown eyes. My heart skipped a beat when he used to enter my class. I loved it when he loved me. I love everything about him, I loved him, I still love, more than anything."
Sebastian- "If you would've said all these to him, you two could have been together. Have thought about that?"
Rosalind - "Yess Sebastian! Yes,yes! I know! I knowww!!"

I ended the call, I was unable to speak anymore. I went straight in the washroom and splashed some water on my face. I came back to my room and laid down on my bed.

*Promises are meant to be broken and Realisation hits hard, doesn't it?*