CHAPTER 13- I TOLD THE STARS ABOUT YOU

"Dear children,
Today is 16th of September. The United Nations General Assembly declared this day as World Ozone Day World Ozone Day. Each year to commemorate the signing of the Montreal Protocol, an international environmental treaty for phasing out of production and consumption of Ozone Depleting Substances, that came into force on this day in 1987......" Our principal delivered a long morning speech on the account of ozone day. Our school was arranged with posters and awareness flyers. We all were asked to bring something related to this day and explain it to others of our class. We were dispered at our usual time.
I and Raymond again had tutions together that day. When the tution was over, it was already 6 by the clock.
"Hey I want to take you somewhere." Raymond asked me.
"Yeah sure...but where?"
"Come with me".
He was quiet the whole time he was driving. Finally he stopped the car and opened the door for me. It was huge meadow which I couldn't estimate within the radius of my eye. It was absolutely a majestic view. The wild flowers, sound of grasshoppers and cricket, the ethereal mist hung low over the distant hills, creating an otherworldly atmosphere. The night sky was painfully dark and motionless, except for the faint moonlight and twinkling stars, clouds were barely visible. We sat on the top of his car, folding our legs to our chest and our hands around it. I stared up at the sky for minutes and was lost in its beauty.
"What are you thinking, babe?" Raymond asked puting his hand on my shoulder, shaking me lightly to break my concentration.
"I told the stars about you," I uttered those words still keeping my eyes focussed on the sky.
"And what did the stars say?"
I smiled and replied, "They told me to irritate you forever."
"Oh really? then deliver my wish to them too."
"What's your wish Ray?"
"Tell the stars to give you the idea of what love really is. Sharing everything with you boyfriend or sharing everything with you bestfriend."
"What do you mean Ray? Do you really want to spoil this beautiful night by making such comments?"
"Truth always sucks right! Okay come here."
He hugged me from the back and kissed me on my neck; sliding his hands beneath my shirt he made me forget about the worldly affairs and there was only one name on my mind 'Raymond Karter', the love of my life. He turned me towards him, overwhelmed me with his devouring kiss. I grabbed his hair and suddenly his phone started to ring. He got down from the car hesitantly and went at a distance to talk. Even his words were faint, I was unable to hear anything. He came back after two minutes.
I asked curiously, "What's wrong? Who called you?"
"Ummm...no one...umm... it's already 7...umm, I think that you should go home. Your parents must be worrying," he stammered.
"No. We still have time. I...." he already went and sat in the car ignoring my words. I also went and sat inside the car. He again dropped me a bit far from my house.
I asked him again, "You stayed quiet this whole time. Are you sure you don't wanna tell me anything?"
"No Ross. There's nothing to worry about. I'll text you at night. Bye."

Somewhere in between our talks, I fell in love with him.

*P.S. you will never know what happens next. Laugh till you have teeth. Stay happy, make happy and be happy.😊*