CHAPTER 14- EXCURSION

The next two days were holidays. Monday we were notified that our school will be taking us on a tour to science museum on 14th of November.
The days were regular and normal. Things between me and Raymond started to take a turn. He was not comfortable with me having a male bestfriend and doubted us. I tried my best to earn his trust. Sebastian also assured him not to worry about these silly things and to have faith on me. Everything was going normal but we were not at the best phase of our relationship. We didn't even go for anymore dates, just gave morning kisses on entering the school and goodbye kisses after school and I texted, he replied when he got time. The situation worsened after our excursion.

Monday:14th November, 2022

Finally the day came and we all sat accordingly in our alloted buses, stream wise. Interested students from classes IX to XII were taken for the excursion. We were provided with tiffins on the way. I checked my phone and said to myself "he said he would text me but its been half an hour. What is he doing!" I called him, it ranged but he didn't receive. I called him again and this time his phone was switched off. I was tensed so I called Sebastian but he also ignored my call. On reaching the science museum, we got down from the bus. It was huge and encircled with trees and flowers all along creating a scenic beauty. I searched for him but couldn't find him which worried me.
Few minutes later, I saw him, talking to "Ava? Ava Brooks, that rubbish girl of class X." I strided towards them and bursted in anger, "What rubbish! Huh! Raymond? You were constantly ignoring my calls, didn't even bother to text me and now you are standing here and talking to this nasty piece of shit? Who roams about with almost every guy in our school!"
Ava threw me a look of disgust and Raymond replied with a tempered voice, "Stop creating a scene. Go, stay with the girls of your class. Don't disturb me."
I became very embarrassed and angry at the same time. Even Sebastian was ignoring me. I thought but couldn't figure out what was my mistake. The whole day he was with other girls but me. Even during the shows he sat with them and I  spent my day with Diana and Melisa, the other girls of my class. They also asked me, "Is everything okay between you two? You seem worried but he is..."
"Enjoying his day. I know." I said.
They didn't ask anything further. We clicked photos, had lunch together but my eyes were always on him. He clicked pictures with them and for them but didn't even bother to look at me for once. I tried to talk to him, he ignored me.
Sebastian came and told me, " He said that he is taking a day off from you. He is confused about you. He will not talk to you today."
"Am I a company or what! That he's taking 'a day off' ?"
"I don't know about that Rosalind. I warned you previously nit to get attached. Now its between you two. I don't want to involve myself." He went away after saying this.
When it was time, we were asked to re-arrange ourselves for it was time to go back. Near the bus, Raymond came and suddenly said, " How was your day? Come, I'll take some photos".
I said in a grieving tone, "Really Raymond Karter? Just drop this act. Go with whoever you were the whole day. I'm not interested. I'm tired."
"Okay. Bye." I was surprised at his behaviour and his way of treating me. I didn't talk to anyone on the bus all the way.
On reaching home, I saw a text from him:
Raymond- "Good night. You must be tired. Sleep well. Bye"
Rosalind- "Why are you telling these to me? Go and wish good night to the one with whom you spent your whole day. They'll be glad to get your attention, just what you wanted."
Raymond- "I followed you. You didn't talk."
Rosalind- "Yeah. You obviously did after spending the whole day with other girls, and then when we were coming back, you came to talk to me when there was no one."

He didn't reply me after my text. I called Sebastian and cried, my voice broke, I was unable to speak any further.
Sebastian- "I told you. I can't see you in pain so I told you to be aware and in control."
Rosalind- "I feel like that sometimes the hardest thing you can do is to be easy on yourself. I hate myself. Am I this unworthy of love?"
Sebastian- "Well, I don't think so. I don't hate you. If I could, I would've slapped you for getting out of track. You're overthinking too much, by the way."
Rosalind- "You should've done that earlier."
(I paused for a moment and again said)
"Trust me, he means a lot to me but I think he's not liking you as my best friend."
Sebastian- "Yes, you're right about that. He is insecure. I think that you should open up yourself to him. Just the way you talk to me."
Rosalind- "I'll try. Actually I really try but I think I'll end up messing everything which will make him mad at me."
Sebastian- "Stop manifesting and start confessing."
I gave a confused smile and ended the call.
That night I couldn't sleep, all I wondered was about what was my actual fault, what did I do to make him so mad.
I wish I could ignore him just the way he ignored me.

*So far, did you enjoy the story? Lemme know 😀*