CHAPTER 2- ABUSE

To all the kids who are forced to think-
"Was I raised without love?
Or was I born unlovable?"

This is Rosalind Bennett who was once a child with innocent eyes. I grew up in New Jersey in a quite big house with my parents and paternal uncles and their sons. Since childhood I was loved and nurtured with immense care by my brothers. They loved me more than anything and I'm sure they still do. Though, real happiness is not having few members in your house who love you. Real happiness is when you get to love your parents and get the same love in return, even more. That's what makes a house, a home.
I wanted what every child wants from their mother- "love". But suddenly, as I grew up I realised that my house wasn't a home anymore. It never was. I was not blessed with my mother's love and support in the phases of my life. She just did her duty not what she should do. She was merely concerned about my mental health and was rather focused on pushing me to score more and more grades in academics. I was beaten by her for bare and silly reasons.
I was tired of crying and being hurt and wanting for a 'maybe' better tomorrow. I was sick of tolerating her and not a single day went without quarrels between us. I really wish one day I will be able to free myself from her claws and can teach her how a mother should be, by myself becoming a parent in future. I never want my daughter to feel the way I felt at night.
Apart from that, I was already suffering physically due to diseases. I was barely okay in a day. I never felt homesick because there's no place I could belong to. I felt fucking unwanted and got nothing being a good child.
People say , "It made you stronger!" But I deny cause 'I was a child. I didn't need to be strong. I needed to feel safe." Wanting to feel wanted, is the lonliest thing ever. Moms should be the one to fix your problems. Not the one to cause it.

-
Sincerely, your broken child.

*Next chapter soon!*