CHAPTER 15- MISINTERPRETATION

Tuesday, 15th November, 2022

After school
I saw Sebastian and Raymond walking out of the gate together. I ran towards them and said,
"Hey wait! Today you didn't talk to me, you didn't look at me even. I called you several times, all you did was ignore me."
I took a deep breath and started speaking again-
"You didn't even bother to reply my texts even, Raymond! So, I assume there's someone else maybe; who's the new girl now?"
"Have you heard yourself Rosalind? You are blaming after what you did!"
"Who was the one who called you that day? When we were sitting on the top of your car?"
"If that's what you wanna hear, then that was Ava. Atleast I'm not like you that I would hesitate to share things with you."
"What have I done? I told you everything."
"Listen Rosalind Bennett. I loved you so I wanted you to be mine and share everything with me. I wanted to be the first person who you would come to if you needed anything. But what you did! Everytime, you went to Sebastian for help. You discussed with him first and then came to talk to me. You never told me that you had a family problem, but Sebastian did. Do you remember on our first date I asked you, why were you saying like that about your parents, you hesitated to reply. Sebastian knows every fucking single thing about us, about what we did what not. He never asked you. You told him, I know that. Its okay that you have him as your friend but why can't you do the same with me? I didn't deserve this. I tried to co-operate but you talked to him more than you did with me. Even after four bloody months, you are feeling shy! Hesitating to talk to me!"
I stood silent after realising that whatever he said was actually true. But I couldn't figure out what to say.
I finally looked up at him and said, "Sometimes, you talk less with the person you love more."
He scoffed and said, " Really? That's what you've got to answer! Then I think we shouldn't go further. A relationship builds up on communication and trust, don't you know that?"
" I am just confused. I don't know what to say. But please, don't say like that."
"First learn how to not overthink. You better discuss with Sebastian. He'll help you. You won't listen to me and I don't have that much energy to explain you either. I'm sorry am tired."
I realised a pain, my heart ached after hearing thise words coming put of his mouth. I wanted to scream and remove whatever thoughts was bothering me from my head. I was breathing heavily and coughing.
Raymond went on his way home, Sebastian was there. He patted on my shoulder and said, "Think wisely. Don't think about yourself only. Think about what he might be feeling. He's right and he has the right to be angry. You were the one not to co-operate. Wake up to reality Ross. Don't always think of receiving princess treatment. A prince also needs to be treated in the right way. You get what you give."
Tears rolled down my cheeks instantly, "But how Sebs, how will I make him understand that maybe its just four months but I've never fell for anyone the way I did for him. How could he said like that to me!"
"The best thing you could do is, don't think at all. Talk to him just the way you do with me, tell him about you and things he doesn't knows yet. If you obey him, he'll will be the loyal guy you'll ever meet. I know I told you to be aware but now when the situation is really out of hands, and as I said, you will suffer more, so now, I think nothing is a better option than this. Act before you become an option for him."
"Yeah you are right. But..."
He interrupted me said, "There's no 'but', just do as I say. Bye"
"Bye."

A single moment of misunderstanding can be so poisonous, that it makes us forget the hundred lovable moments spent together within a minute.

*Who is your favourite character so far? Let me know in the comments.*