Money of course

...

" What the hell are you even trying to do!" Gilbert was confused, watching as the gnome walk around him studying him like a animal.  He then waved his hand around before whispering to another gnome. "HEY I'M SPEAKING TO YOU WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PLAY AT!"

"... What has to be done, after all once you loose your greatest source of income you have to find another way." Gilbert turned around seeing Rux who he didn't expect to see walk down to him as he stared at him with a look that made him seem like he was just doing what was necessary. The gnome played with his golden diamond watch as he then just stared up at the scientist as he then chuckled. "It's not rocket science...."

Gilbert was so confused and also annoyed, he couldn't believe that this guy actually had the guts to commit such a act, and for what money? He just glared at him as he tried to move from his binds but he stoped when Did gave him a glare. "I wouldn't try that if I were you, but-"

"So this is all about money?! You know you can do business somewhere else! Change the stocks or something! Why did you have the need to do this!" He tried to distract Rux as he quietly tried to get his hands out of the restraints. Rux lifted his glasses as he stared at him disappointedly. But he just crossed his arms as he then tilted his head as if he was explaining to a young child.

" Well aren't you a smart one, well why not. After the peace treaty there is no use into buying better weapons. Trust me those made so much, quite the grabs!" Rux waved his hands in the air. He just walked around the zombie as he looked at him with some sort of pity and also amusement.

" Alas, either way I want what I want, and I'll get what I get. Soon I'll have all of Neighborville under my palms and I'll be able to mold it to my whim!" Rux grinned before Gilbert tried to attack him suddenly. Rose's eyes widen as Gilbert successfully got out, Rux was hunched over in the corner holding his eyes. Laughing like a maniac as the Scientist tried to take of Rose's constraints off before she started to move rapidly. Scientist didn't understand until he was knocked out by Rux who held a giant gold diamond covered hammer.

" Well, well I guess he landed a hit but I'm not falling for that." Rux turned to Rose who tried to scream and lfee but it was impossible as she was restrained by the other gnomes who came in surrounding her.

" Send both of them to the sewers, I have to have a word with Peashooter in a minute.... We'll need to be prepare for what's to come..." Rux knocks Rose out as well, leaving the area as the other Gnomes around the room start to take both of them down below into the deep icky abyss....

3 Days later.... In the bottom of the sewers...

Gilbert opened his eyes slowly, he was so tired...and so out of it... What happened? He just grunted as his head felt so heavy, he moved but then noticed something off. For how long have they been unconscious for?

He woke up in what looked like a cell, he was chained along with Rose who was still unconscious... This wasn't good... He rubbed his eyebrow as his whit hair covered his view... It seems like it got messy and lost its shape... He didn't had any of his weapons or gadgets on him... And it seems like Rose doesn't even have her wand. This place was too dark, and very moldy, it smelled so bad in here. And the floors were so cold, this place was horrible, where were they?

...

Where was Peashooter?

He just sat there pondering what will happen now

He just sat there pondering what will happen now.... This was something that needed to be stopped.... But how? The people aren't aware of what's going on yet. And what about the others, what will happen to them? All of this just for money?

He just sat there for about what felt like hours, he just looked up and stared at the crack in the wall as the water dripped down every other minute. There has to be a way out somehow right?

He needed to think of a way.... Somehow....

....

...

...

Somehow....