Mutations: ~ Chapter One ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter One~

"Go forward. Take a left. Around the U bend, and then straight forward again, before taking a right. Then another left. Twist around the core, and then towards...the left again. He's there. I can feel him there."

A slow burn was working its way through my system, infiltrating my veins, and making me ache for the relief that I so desperately wanted. This wasn't enough.

This was never enough. It never will be, I wanted to go out again but I knew that my time was up now. The urge to be out there instead of just directing made me crave to actually move, but I had already had my hunting time.

"How did you know?"

Bottomless pits of black stared at me, well, they looked black but the reality was that they were just a very dark shade of brown. So dark, that they looked like they could swallow you up whole. Of course, that is impossible.

Well, not completely impossible. For example, snakes can swallow humans whole because of their unique jaws. I think I read somewhere that they can't really unhinge their jaws, like everyone thinks.

The truth is, that they have an elastic ligament in their jaws that can allow them to open wide. At least, that's what I read somewhere.

"Tracking." I answered simply, as I looked at the handcrafted maze before me. I knew exactly where the small pig was being held inside it, "I can smell the trail it left behind, it's fresh so it's easier to follow, even from here."

Feeling the familiar itch in the back of my throat, frustration gnawed at me, and I turned my face away. It was in my nature to hunt, and knowing that there was an available prey here made me want to pounce.

But, my Handler, was also here. And when he say's no, he means no. A low growl was prowling around my throat, but I knew better than to let it out. Instead, I swallowed it and acted like it never even existed.

"We should leave." The lean man spoke beside me, there was a familiar twinkle of curiosity in his near black eyes. Every day I could see a change in him; he was aging.

His thick dark hair was kept short, and wavy, but my eyesight noticed the silvering strands that were still unseen by the human eye. He was still in brilliant health, he said it was just stress, "You need to eat something soon."

The thought of food made me salivate in my mouth, I was always hungry. I was shamelessly the type of person who would happily do nothing but eat, all day, and have no physical change. My metabolism went through it like a breeze.

The few women who entered the compound, were always hassling me about it, telling me that I was lucky to have such fortune. That didn't mean that I wasn't on a strict diet, because I am.

"You made me miss lunch yesterday." I reminded him with a wince, missing the chance of eating food wasn't something I took lightly, or enjoyed.

He exhaled deeply, before looking down at me with an irritated look, "I made it up to you, didn't I?" He muttered dryly and he did, but a blueberry muffin doesn't make up for a whole meat fueled meal.

It just doesn't.

I shrugged, and muttered something that I knew he wouldn't be able to hear. A hand on my shoulder guided me back indoors, I took comfort in the touch as we stepped onto the smooth tile flooring.

Nothing about this place was at all boring. I mean, it's not like I didn't have any privacy because the architecture was mainly made from crystal clear glass, that seemed to never get smudged. Apparently, it was more about making a 'style statement' than anything personal.