Mutations: ~ Chapter Eleven ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Eleven ~

"You should be proud to declare that you are the product of this centuries most advanced scientific research development, known to mankind itself. Designed with such precision, that many have traveled to see the glorious outcome that is you, yourselves. The first ever successful Splice selection."

I could hear Eric very lightly scoff under his breath, and he wasn't the only one. Emma looked extremely unimpressed with the man's smooth as silk presentation. Actually, I think the only one in here looking mildly interested was Veronica, and that's only because it sounds exactly like something she would say herself.

In fact, it sounded just like her.

"- Structured from the most advanced DNA that was crafted from one of the greatest mind that science knows. Maybe even the fathering mind of science. Your founder, is the man who created you. In hopes that you would be the protectors of-"

"Weren't we illegally created?" Five butts in with his brows arched, almost mockingly. His Handler had to bite back the smirk that almost slipped across his smooth lips.

A glare of annoyance flashed in the man's eyes but he gave a stiff nod in answer, and I wondered when he planned on getting to the point. So far, all we knew was where we came from. The man hadn't even told us his name yet.

"Yes. But nonetheless, you were created for a specific reason." The man began again resuming with the ease of a smooth talker, "You were originally created as weapons, for the government."

Beside me, Eric let out an echo of a groan, as his eyes rolled towards the ceiling with a heavy sigh. It was strange watching him behave in such a way, when he so often gave me into trouble for doing the same things when I got bored. I guess it must have been nurtured into me by him.

Three was staring blankly at the table in front of him, an intense look of disinterest displayed on all of his sharp features. Emma nudged him in order to get him to listen, but he only nodded a little at her.

Five didn't even look like he cared, and neither did his Handler, whose name I never picked up on. I couldn't tell who looked bored the most out of the two of them.

And then there was Two, who I couldn't look away from.

Relaxed back into his seat with a serious expression that looked to be melted into his facial features. I felt like a child in the same room as him. His eyes were latched onto the blabbering man at the front of the room like he actually gave a damn about what he was saying.

Those eyes could keep me entertained from just staring at them all day. I don't know why, but they just had that effect of me.

They looked like they had captured the sky in them. Unlike the rest of us, his eyes weren't expressive in the slightest, they were so cold that they sent an electric chill down my spine. Intense.

Most blue eyes are captivating because they swim like an glistening ocean of secrets, and you can even hear the crash of sapphire against a golden shore, but his were like frozen Norwegian glaciers, iced over so much that made me numb.

He didn't look human, he looked like a true Splice.

"- Which is why, beginning tomorrow, you will all be introduced to a new regime of classes." My thoughts broke away from me when icy eyes suddenly pierced into me, "Ones suited to you."

"So, what happens to us?" Three demanded, in his usual haughty tone that made my lips curl at the sides. He always came across so rude that it even made our preacher look taken aback.