Mutations: ~ Chapter Five~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Five ~

No meat.

The newest additions to their small tests was the modifications to my diet, which was the worst one of them all. All they had been feeding me for the past week was vegetarian meals, and salads. Which tasted as good as it sounded. Without my source of meat, I felt weaker than ever, kind of restless.

I could eat a horse by this point, and then chase the jockey.

Eric promised me that it was all temporary but even he knew that I was having a hard time adjusting to it. Everything about me seemed slower, and my senses had dulled.

Even though my tracking ability was still intact, it wasn't nearly as efficient as it used to be. They made me work out more too, and the lack of energy was not any support at all.

All I wanted was some damn meat.

Sweat poured from me as I pumped my legs harder, a slight breeze blew gently across my face, and I breathed in the much-needed blessing. The only thing that seemed to settle my aggressive behaviour was the feeling of my feet pounding off the dirt track, my mood swings were worse than a hail storm, and all I needed to calm down was a long run.

Above me, the sky hung in a grey cloudy mist that reflected how I felt, and the air was frosty like my attitude towards everything, and everyone in my life. Eric had been acting out of character ever since his confrontation with the weasel man, he'd also been watching me a whole lot closer than usual. Questioning me a lot about how I've been preforming, and why I felt that way.

And today was no exception.

"Feeling better?" His assertive bottomless gaze pierced into me as I slowed to a halt in front of him, I only bobbed my head in response, "Yes." I muttered, wiping away the light sheen of sweat from my forehead.

Eric only nodded at me in response before handing me a cooled water bottle, "Get changed quickly. You have a session in twenty minutes." He informed me in his serious business tone.

"I only get sessions on Thursdays." I reminded him, furrowing my brows but he only casted me a side glance before speaking, "A lot of changes have been made." Was his only explanation.

And he wasn't lying either. Too many changes if you asked me, I had actually been looking forward to talking to Alice about what was going on here. Living on a strict schedule didn't leave space for change, so when they throw it at me like they have, it's within my rights to freak out a little.

People have started wearing colognes. and perfumes. Killing my nostrils slowly, which only irritated me beyond belief. With that in addition to all the extra physical exercise...my temperament became unsteady.

Although, I didn't mind the exercise. It was a good outlet, but the source of iron, and protein that meat gave me...it was definitely taking its toll on me now.

The shower I took barely passed as a shower as but I managed to scrub my scalp clean of sweat, which would have to do. I guessed that's the reason they wanted me to keep it short, so it would be low maintenance.

I often wondered where my genes came from. Was I born to look the way I did, or was that just how I was? Was it nature, or science?

Questions are irrelevant without answers.

Eric waited outside of the shower room as I exited with my damp hair in a small bun at the nape of my neck. He strode forward, looking as if he held the weight of the world on his broad shoulders but I wasn't buying it.