Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Twenty ~

"What's she like?"

"I'm not sure yet. Kind of like Eric, I suppose."

Three idly glanced in my direction, but his eyes were focused on the wall behind me as he winged up a strong brow, "Does she look like him?" He asked, shifting in his place on the couch.

We lounged around in the common area between our rooms, for once instead of being in them. I kind of liked having someone around to be social with, and just sit to talk to.

"They both have the same dark hair and skin tone; her eyes are kind of different, though." I shrugged even though I knew he couldn't see me.

Two and Five were doing something today, I have no idea where. Some of the soldiers just dropped by, and picked them up without information.

Apparently, Two was good at not asking questions because he just followed them, whereas Five wanted to know where he was going and why. I guess he was the curious type, like me. Despite living with them for the past several days, I still didn't know any of them yet. I barely even spoke to them, actually.

This was my first time being alone with Three, whilst not trying to kill him, since the first time we ate breakfast together.

"Why do you think we're here?" Three suddenly asked, nailing me with an inquisitive look, "I bet you have theories."

And I did, plenty of them.

All I ever done in my spare time was let my head be overcrowded with questions. But I would bet all my meats in the fridge that he knew more about this place than any of us.

"Why don't you tell me." I suggested, peeling the skin off an orange nimbly, "They wanted to make us soldiers, and now we're in a training base named after a war god."

"Well, we are government issued weapons." Three pointed out his fingers were tracing random patterns on the couch that he was perched on. It was a humorous view, considering that he dwarfed the piece of furniture, "It would make sense if they were planning to put us to good use by now, would it not?"

I didn't like the thought of that, in fact, I didn't like the thought of anything here. Everything was so secretive. No one talked out in the open, and when they did it was incredibly cryptic.

I wanted to leave my room, and explore this place- without being followed by numerous eyes, and maybe it was time that I did just that. Casting a glance over at Three, my brow furrowed when I realized that he wasn't where he was sitting just a few minutes ago.

Now he was stood beside the door, ear pressed against the metal as a silent hush fell over the room. My gaze caught onto him, travelling across his smooth skin of his arms that looked strong under the black fabric that stretched across his hard chest.

I found myself looking at males a lot more often now. Three was incredibly appealing to the eyes, and it was uncomfortable how much I liked to look at him.

Really uncomfortable.

"What are you doing?" Finally breaking the restraints that told me to shut up. The silence irked me, and I wanted to know what Three was listening to. His ears were the best ones here, "Is there someone out there, or do you just like that door?"

He shifted slightly, enough to give me a look that made me arch my brows. He slowed his breathing down as he started to focus before he suddenly pulled back.