Mutations: ~Chapter Seven ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Seven ~

When the haze of the sedative burned away, I lost little time. I healed quicker than humans, quicker than what was natural, but it always fell in my favor.

I soon found myself charging through the maze of majestic bushes, with my bare feet slamming against the soft grass coated ground. Enhanced feeling was one of my favorite capabilities, over time it started to even quicken.

My senses came alive with the anticipation of the hunt. Breathing life into my bloodstream, and the tingle of excitement was tickling across my skin, infecting my heart with adrenaline.

My first thought summoned the mental image of Three as I streaked through the endless pathways, desperate to find a secure lead on at least one of the scents that whispered through the wind.

One of my more useful abilities was that I could keep a psychological journal of every scent I ever picked up, and the owner of it.

And I could smell Three.

So, much that this time, I could smell him before I saw him. And when I did catch sight of him, I managed to duck under his swinging fist that could have taken my head off, if he could hit hard enough.

"You again!" Three panted, almost in exasperation, as we circled each other in the narrow space between the towering bushes boxing us in, "I thought that I would have been done with you by now!"

Now that he was up close again, it took all that I had not drown in his sweat laced scent, "Please don't tell me that you actually want to fight again?" I groaned out, before I could stop myself.

A cruel smirk curled across his pink lips, forcing me to notice how soft they looked, and drawing my attention to his strong square jaw. I guess it was only now that I noticed just how damn attractive Three was.

He was physically flawless. Tall, with broad shoulders that held up his muscular physique, clad in a pair of sweat pants that were the same colour scheme as last time, with a matching athletic muscle top that highlighted his strong arms.

"We didn't finish the first round." He reminded me as he dropped into a careful stance, "Which is long overdue."

That was all the warning I got before he lunged at me with all his weight put behind him, effectively knocking me onto the ground. The premature excitement that once bubbled through me at the thought of having another like myself in the world, soon deflated.

The novelty had worn off. And now, I had someone who was just as physically enhanced, and mentally prepared as me, to fight against.

Maybe even more so that I was.

We crashed to the ground in a fumbling fury of perfectly thrown balled fists, and swiftly kicking legs. Hands grappling at each other's throats as our anger began to poison our own minds.

Blinding me to the fact that we were two of the same. The thought was slated from my mind, and all I wanted to do was tear his head from his shoulders, and praise it on a spike.

Jamming my knee snugly into Three's tight abdomen, I threw him backwards by his shoulders. I straddled him, and delivered a punch to his perfectly strong jaw, so hard that his head was thrown back from the force of it.

It felt amazing! Not so much for him, but I was loving it!

The thrill of violence wasn't something I got to endure often, so this was the perfect treat for me.