Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty~

Mutations: THREE

~ Chapter Forty ~

( Just to let everyone know that this chapter will be written in Three's P.O.V since I wrote the last one in Fives. I've never done this sort of thing so I hope I'm doing the guys justice here.

I was going to kill him.

Smoke wafted through the corridors but it had little effect on me. All I cared about was finding Five, and dragging his sorry ass back from wherever he was. Adrenaline pumped through me, and I felt myself slipping to the allure of mania but I knew better.

They succeeded in bringing out my inner animal; but I was still in control. All they had done was given me more power.

'I have eyes on Six.' Two's voice traveled through my mind, 'Five?'

Like he ever took his eyes off Six. A low growl escaped me but I pushed away the confusing emotions, now was not the time to lose my concentration because of the small vixen who never seemed to let my thoughts rest.

I needed to focuse on the task at hand, sensing Five was easy but he always moved too damn quick for even me to catch him.

Six and Five had lost total control of their behaviour, but Two and I managed to keep ourselves barely grounded. Barely. I wasn't able to resist tearing into the soldiers who I had heard mock me, I enjoyed tearing through their throats, and snapping their necks.

But I wasn't doing it for sport; not like Six and Five were.

'I have the moron.' I replied icily when a mental picture was formed in my head from the effects of noise bouncing off objects. My senses gave me the awareness that allowed me to do more than simply see like the others could, 'But we have company.'

I slowed to a halt to take in what was happening. Emma always was impressed by my sonar sense, the noise seemed to bounce back quicker than usual and I could move as I deciphered what was happening at the same time.

Everyone thought I was useless because I couldn't see. They didn't understand that I knew more than all of them tied together did; I could sense what would happen next before they even knew if something would happen.

Just because I didn't like people didn't mean I wasn't an asset; I just worked better alone. It's probably why everyone found me problematic but I was working on it, even if it did mean I was stuck tracking down the unfathomable creature that is Five.

"FIVE!"

My voice came out a roaring boom when I picked up on his familiar heartbeat; racing with adrenaline. I could tell by the quick breaths, and grunts, that he was fighting and took a second to understand what was happening.

Fifteen bodies came through this way. Seven of them were male, the other eight were women. They had come from the outside; I could smell the fresh air lingering on their bodies, I could see it swirl around them like aura's.

For me, the world was infrared. My senses created the mental image I needed; body heat showed me what they looked like, heartbeat gave away their position and their scent gave away what they felt.

The memory of Six dressed in nothing but a towel flashed through my mind. I could picture her figure perfectly without even having to try, and it annoyed me. Her body was lithe and slim but there was muscle there, I remember the small droplets of water that dripped down her skin, I lied about how well I could 'see' her.