Net

I kept staring at the script and just groaned internally. Just then, I heard P Aof calling for us.

I stood up and walked over to the room where I saw Nunew, Zee, Nat, Max, and a few other faces that I did not recognise. I sighed as I sat down next to Max. He just smiled and patted my knee. Just then, P Aof told me to stand up and sit next to Zee whilst he asked Max to sit next to Nunew. Nat's and Max's faces changed, too.

I just looked at P Aof whilst Zee moved away slightly. I turned slightly to look at him, but he just looked straight ahead at P Aof.

What the heck? It's not like we are on bad terms, but one mismatched pairing and this guy is behaving like we were practically strangers. I rubbed my jaw absent mindedly as P Aof spoke about the show, the plot, and the filming schedule.

Based on the snatches of the briefing, Zee and I were lovers in the show, classic hate to love story line. But the fact that two very dominant men were being paired together was....

"The magic of this show and we are going to slay it on screen!" P Aof excitedly shared.

He was so enthusiastic that I felt like it was going to be a good one. I decided that I would give it my best shot. Once P Aof was done with his briefing, we all separated. I saw Zee walking towards his trailer, and I went after him.

"Zee! Zee!" Zee turned around to see me.

"Yes, Net?"

"Let's give this a shot, ok? P Aof seems so positive about it. I believe we can do it justice."

Zee looked at me, and he tried to break into a small smile. He nodded at me. I grimned back at him and then turned to leave. I went to get my things and was looking at the script on the trailer table when I thought that maybe I should ask Zee out for dinner so that we can at least work on building up some chemistry.

I walked back towards his trailer when I heard him speaking with Nunew.

"Of all people; him as my partner? He's not a bad colleague, but it's like, the two of us? We are too similar, too same. I don't think it's going to be a good idea."

I stepped back and walked away, not hearing Nunew's answer. It isn't easy for me either, but he made it sound like as if it was the end of the world. I went to my car and was about to open it when I heard Nunew call out to me.

"P!"

"Yes, New?"

"Are you free? Can we speak for a while?"

I looked at him for a bit before nodding. We walked to a nearby cafe where we got a drink. He kept circling his hand around the cup quietly.

"Is everything ok New? Why have you been so quiet? You wanted to talk? Right?"

Nunew nodded his head but still kept quiet. I drank my coffee and was about to look at my phone when Nunew finally spoke.

"P.. this role in the show.. what do you think of it?"

"Hmm, it's just a role New. So nothing of it. Why?"

"Do you feel that maybe it may not be the best fit for you and P Zee?"

I kept quiet, my anger was slowly building up. Was this guy going to go down the path I think he is?

"Have you considered giving up the role? Maybe if you and P Zee spoke to P Aof, he will have to do something about it.."

I kept quiet. Finally, I looked at Nunew and all I muttered was, "If it matters to Zee so much that he doesn't want to work with me, you can ask him to quit. You and he are close enough for that. I am not. Not with you. Not with him."

I stood up, grabbing my phone and wallet and I left, seething slowly from the conversation that I just went through. As I got to my car, I saw Zee coming out. He just nodded his head at me and walked off.

Asshole, sending Nunew to fight his battles for him. I was so done with these two idiots. Especially Zee.