Net

I groaned inwardly as I sat in my car, just studying my face. Fuck. It was precious to me, and this bloody Max had just messed it up!

I was quite taken by Zee's offer to bring me to the doctor until I realized he was more guilty than anything. I sighed as I just touched my face again.

Just then, I heard a knock on my window. I looked over to see Zee standing at the passenger side of the car. He opened the door and slipped in.

"What are you doing, Zee?"

"Bringing you to the doctor."

"You do not have to. I'm fine."

"You are not. It's swollen now, and it will be blue black tomorrow."

I refuted again until Zee shut me up.

"We are partners Net and colleagues. You said that. You can be there for me but I can't? I didn't mean for my words to come out like that. If you really wanted to call the police, I know I would have come to the station directly instead of the studio. So I'm sorry for the way I said it, but we are partners. On the show. Let me be there for you."

I sighed. I finally confessed.

"It hurts like fuck man. This Max threw a hard one. And my face. It's precious!"

Zee burst out laughing. He promised to bring me to his doctor who is really good. He told me to switch and he drove instead. I watched as Zee took control, driving the car, zipping in and out of traffic. He got us to the doctor in 15 minutes despite the horrible traffic. He placed his hand behind my waist and guided me to the clinic. He told me to sit whilst he got my ID from me, settled pre registration, and collected a number.

40 minutes later, with a bunch of creams and oral antibiotics, we left the clinic. The doctor had also given me an injection to bring down the swelling, but it was putting me in a sleepy stance. I ended up sleeping whilst Zee drove us back home. We got to my condo, and Zee parked the car and finally woke me up.

I sat up straighter, clearly still in a daze. He sent me up to my apartment.

"Call me if anything, ok? I already informed P Aof. There will be no filming so you can rest."

I nodded, albeit sleepily. He pushed me in gently and asked me to lock the door, and then Zee took off.

The next morning, around 9 am, the doorbell rang. I woke up, my hair hapzardly sticking out. I stumbled out of bed and trudged to the door. I opened it, coming face to face with Zee, who was holding some food.

I found out he had brought breakfast for me. He passed it to me and was about to leave when I grabbed his hands, more awake now. He looked at me confused.

"Come in."

Zee nodded. He came in, following me as I placed the food on the table and just sat at the dining table. He pulled up a chair closer to me.

"Let me see your face." I looked up, mesmerised by that voice. He touched my cheeks briefly and studied the swelling. The medicine had kicked in, and it was significantly better. He nodded in satisfaction.

"Go shower and change. I will prepare the food for you. Is it OK for me to move around your kitchen?"

I nodded, agreeing. He smiled briefly at me and went off. I watched as he fumbled slightly, trying to find his way around it. I went to get a shower, changed, applied my creams, and came out dressed in a pair of grey trackies and a white shirt.

I came out to breakfast on the table, and Zee just on his phone.

"Breakfast for yourself?"

"I'm not a breakfast person. You go on ahead."

I nodded, helping myself to the food. Once done, I took my meds, and we chilled on the sofa. We decided to do some script reading and worked on it for about 2 hours before Zee finally took his leave. He was going out to meet his family. I nodded.

I thanked him for coming and he told me to rest well. I nodded, watching as he drove off. I guess maybe we can be partners after all. Amicable at the very least.