Net

I went to the nearby cafe to get a bite. It's only 9 plus in the morning but so fraught with drama.

Zee walked in a few moments later, looking at the menu at the counter. He ordered something and turned to find a seat. He saw me seated by myself in a booth seat. I decided to thaw out a bit. I raised my hand at him and invited him over. The briefest smile flitted over his face as he joined me.

A little while later, the waitress delivered our food. We just made awkward polite chat about food and drinks as we had our breakfast. Just as we were rounding off our meal, P Aof called us, checking if we were in the vicinity and if we could come back.

We agreed and went back about 10 minutes later. Entering the room only to find Max and Nunew standing there. I was a little surprised by Max's presence but what P Aof told us next shocked us.

Max had actually bumped into Nunew after his conversation with Zee the previous day. Max didn't like his pairing with Nunew and wanted to get it changed too but he knew he couldn't do it outright. So he convinced Nunew to talk to us separately to back off from our own roles. I was stunned. What the flying fuck?

I watched as Zee got so angry, clenching his hands. He was equally close with Max and Nunew.

"You are an idiot, Nunew! What did you think you were doing?! It's just a job. A role. A part to play. And you Max. Really?! Using me as bait for your own battles?!"

Zee was steaming. Max tried to say something in his defence and Zee almost lunged at him in anger but I darted forward to pull Zee back!

I thought I was the one with a temper but it looked like Zee had one himself too. I guess his soft looks was just a facade. I held onto Zee's hand tightly and pulled him back as P Aof fired both Nunew and Max from the show. Nunew's eyes pooled and he left, sobbing softly. Max was just grim. He muttered an apology to Zee before he left but Zee turned away in anger.

I sighed. I waa still holding onto Zee when P Aof told me to let go. I was embarrassed and did so, apologising to Zee. He just kept quiet. P Aof told us to take a break today but also told us to spend some time together from tomorrow onwards to work on developing some chemistry.

"Like the two of you said, its just a role. A part to play but let's do it justice. From now on, you are not just Net and Zee, colleagues. You are Ash and Nan, a pair of individuals who hate each other's guts but grow to see the beauty of each other and end up falling in love."

I just nodded at P Aof but Zee was quiet. He had been awfully quiet. We left the office, walking down side by side.

"Is everything ok Zee?"

Zee finally looked at me, his eyes red and teary.

"No. But I will be ok. I just need some time. I will see you tomorrow." And he walked off.

He reached the entrance only to see Nunew and Max. He took a step back, clearly not wanting to talk to both of them. I saw from afar. I quickly jogged up to him, putting my hand around his shoulder.

He turned to look at me surprised!

"Let's go, I will drop you off."

My hand around his shoulder remained firm but calm. He finally nodded, agreeing. I slid my hand down to clasp his and we went off, firmly aware that Nunew and Max were watching us.

2 of his closest had just pulled the rug from under him, leaving him blind. I can totally understand why he would want to avoid them for a bit.

Just that, he probably didn't expect his savior to be me. Neither did I, to be honest.