Net

I stirred awake with Zee sleeping soundly next to me. I turned and looked over at him. He was sleeping on his stomach, hair flopped all over, and gently snoring away.

I just brushed his cheeks lightly, and he woke up, looking at me, grinning.

"You doing OK?"

"Hmm, yes."

"I'm sorry if I went a little crazy on you."

"I like this shade on you. I just didn't expect you to top me. I thought I was going to rule."

"You don't like it?"

I leaned in really closely and whispered, "Oh, but I do."

Zee smiled at me and leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back and took him in my arms. We laid in bed, just chatting when my phone rang. I answered it, and P Aof was on the phone. He wanted to know why Max turned up for work, sporting a bruised red cheek, especially when he had a photoshoot.

I gulped. I sat up and explained to him what had happened. He said he wanted to see me and Zee as soon as possible at his office. I affirmed it and hung up, filling Zee in. Our joyous romantic moment was cut short, and we quickly got ready.

We were in P Aof's office within 30 minutes and sat down waiting for him.

"So, does someone want to tell me what happened?"

I sighed. I looked at P Aof and filled him in on what exactly had happened with Max, Zee, and myself the previous day. P Aof just stared at us for the longest period before sighing.

"Look, he has a photoshoot today. I know you didn't know it, but you shouldn't be hitting his face anyway. It's his rice bowl."

I stared stunned at P Aof. I honestly thought he was going to be mad at us for fighting.

"Aren't you mad at us for fighting?"

P Aof shook his head.

"Why?"

"What do you think I would do if someone had insulted my girlfriend? I would do the exact same thing. You protect the person you love. Even if it means you gotta punch the common sense into them."

I kept quiet, very aware that P Aof had just referred to Zee as my partner.

"You are ok if we dated?" Zee spluttered in shock.

"I be more surprised if you two didn't. I mean, just look at that chemistry together."

P Aof was definitely more sensible and intuitive than I thought he was.

"Stay away from Max for a bit, you two. And just don't flaunt the relationship in public for a bit if it's possible. I have warned him to stay away from you two, too, and if any of you breached that, I'm dropping all of you from any projects you are on with me. Do I make myself clear?"

Zee and I nodded and finally left P Aof's office. As we walked out, Zee's hand brushed against mine. Just as we got into the car, Zee held onto my hand. I looked over at him.

"Net.."

He trailed off, but I knew what he wanted to ask. I nodded.

"Yes."

"You know what I wanted to ask?"

"That has been on my mind since the day I decided I liked you more than a colleague or a friend Zee. It was just a matter of when I could ask. I didn't want it affecting your job either."

"I guess P Aof giving us his approval didn't hurt."

I smiled at him, getting a little shy at how I just needed someone's approval on this. Zee leaned in, kissing me softly as he muttered, "Stop acting so cute, boyfriend. I may just about ravage you here."

I smacked Zee on his face when he said that, and he laughed. We decided to head home. En route, as we drove by, we saw Max driving towards the studio. I looked over at Zee, whose eyes had dulled softly. I held on to his hand, and he turned to me, smiling.

Sometimes in life, you had to lose some to win some. I was determined to ensure that this boy here had everything to smile about after giving up so much for me.

As we rode off, I couldn't help but keep looking at Zee and how my heart just kept chanting, "Oh but you love him."

Damn, I was so screwed for this boy, and my heart and mind didn't fail to remind me that. We may not know what the end looks like, but right now, the start of this journey looks really amazing to me.

Months ago, I hated this guy, and now, I can't even think what I would do without him.

To new beginnings, love, and more.
Till the next #lovewinsall, peace out. Hope this story brought as much joy to everyone as I did, writing it. And to my dear PrimKayeCaete Stop giving me such tough crackpairs already! Hope I did them enough justice :)