Zee

I sighed as I watched Net walk away. After the conversation 2 days ago, I didn't know how to make amends with him and seeing how he was awkward around me also made me realize how difficult it was for him.

I thought we had such a good thing going on. What went wrong? As I completed my grocery shopping, I bumped into James outside.

"Hey James, how have you been? Haven't seen you in a while. Came to get groceries too?"

"Hello Phi. I been good. Busy with filming actually but good. Came here to pick Net up. That idiot had cut himself against the palm yesterday so I came to help him with his groceries and send him home."

"Oh.. I saw him earlier. He said it was a small cut. How bad is it?"

"He was cutting some vegetables, when he accidentally cut his palm."

"What?!"

James nodded but stressed he will be better soon. I nodded but didn't say anything. Soon, I heard that familiar cheeky voice. I turned to see Net wheeling his trolley out. James jogged over to get it and Net's smile faded when he saw me. His expression immediately changed to this awkward formal look. James came up and that's when I told him.

"James, will it be ok if I spoke to Net a bit? Can you help me keep an eye on my groceries?"

James looked at me and just smiled.

"I do you one even better. Yours is just one bag. Put it in the trolley. You can get it from the car later."

I nodded cheerfully and took Net by his hand, steering him towards the nearby benches. I tugged at him to sit down with me.

"What's this about, Zee?"

"Why dont you tell me, Net? You hurt yourself so badly and you didn't breathe a word."

"It doesn't matter. I'm all right now and that's all that matters."

"How did you get hurt?"

"I cut my palm."

'Why? How? Usually you are careful. How come this happened?"

"How would you know, Zee? How would you know if I'm the careful sort?"

"Are you kidding? Are you for real? Of course I know. I know how careful you are, when you are happy. When you are sad. I do realize I know a lot about you."

Net just smiled but it was the kind that was patronising.

"Stop patronising me. What exactly happened that caused the accident?"

Net looked at me for a long while before he muttered, "Seeing you go for dinner with Max. Happy now? I know you will say he's a friend. That he comes first. He's important. Good for you. But it doesn't mean I don't get jealous. I do. Especially when it's a guy that has sowed discord between us previously. And he's trying to hit on the one that I like."

"Do you hear yourself? Max hitting on me? Where are you getting your ideas from?"

"Go look at your IG comments. Then maybe you realize it. You may be immune to it. But it doesn't mean I am. And if you think I am or ought to be, you sure as hell don't know me. I am a petty person Zee especially when it's someone I like."

Before I could say anything else in response, Net upped and left. I watched him walk away. A little while later, James came over with my bag of stuff.

"I'm sorry Phi. He refuses to wait and wants to leave."

"It's ok James. Send him home safe, na."

James nodded and took off whilst I took my phone out. What was this Net going on about?