Net

I sighed softly as I leaned back into the car seat. James turned to look at me as he drove.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yes, it is. Why?"

"You want to tell me why Zee was waiting at the entrance in his car till we left? You could have just gone home with him."

"He wasn't waiting for me."

"Really? Because he only left after we did."

I looked over at James and just shrugged.

"We are best friends Net. You think I can't tell when you are lying to me?"

I sighed. I filled him in on what had happened between us. James was just quiet. Suddenly, he chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?!"

"Because the two of you are so funny. It's clear something is happening. Maybe it's just the start, but clearly, something is brewing. Doesn't help you both are lovers on the show. Avoiding each other isn't going to help. It's just going to escalate. Why can't you two just maybe take ownership of how you feel?"

"There's no feelings between us. It's just... work.. It's just a kiss. Probably I'm horny."

"Stop doing that. I know you well. You aren't the kind of guy who pays attention to someone unless you like them. You work with so many people Net. How many times have I seen you actually talk about someone? Stop discrediting your feelings. Your worth."

There was pin drop silence after that. I knew James was upset with me for doing this to myself. But I couldn't help it. People often thought I was a playboy based on my looks, and no matter what I said or did, they usually just didn't believe me. It became easier to just let them think what they wanted or pretend to play up to their ideas.

I looked out the window and 15 minutes later, we got to my house. I thanked James softly for dropping me off and held onto his hand to apologise. He just nodded at me, but his grin became wider suddenly. I looked at him confused until he pointed towards my front door. I turned and saw Zee waiting there.

"Why is he here?!?" I turned to James, absolutely mortified. He just shrugged his shoulders carelessly at me.

"You are of no help to me! Ugh!"

James just laughed. Just then, my door opened. I turned to see Zee standing there, and he threw a soft smile towards James, greeting him. James nodded and told him that he's leaving me in Zee's care.

I got out of the car, and James drove off. I turned to look at Zee.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"Uh... why?"

There was silence for a bit, then Zee swooped in to kiss me. He continued the kiss that we had on set, and he finished it off the way I would have wanted it, with him taking control of it. Sue me, so I like someone who controls.

"Zeee.."

"I couldn't help it. I..i.. I lied. It's not just work. And maybe I do see you as a little more than a colleague. I'm not sure what it is. But I'm also afraid. To do anything. To want anything. I don't want to jump any guns. But I know I wouldn't mind being close with you out of filming too."

I looked at Zee. I wasn't sure. We still had a series to film. I didn't want to risk messing anything up.

Zee held onto my hand.

"Look, I'm not asking you to jump through hurdles now. All I'm asking is, let's just do what we want. If we want to hang out, fine. If we want to go home together. Fine. If we want to hold hands, fine. I just don't want us to be mere colleagues. That's not fine."

I looked up at him. I finally broke into a tiny smile. Zee smiled back and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Thank you."

I just hugged him in recipocration instead. No, really sue me already. I look like this tough guy, but actually, I am just a big softie. And to think I was willing to let Zee find that out, that's quite a stretch.