Filler Chapter - Zee's POV

Comment: Is this the start of the boyfriend era?
Max: 🫢

Comment: You guys look amazing together!
Max: Thank you. I think we look pretty cute, too.

Comment: Who proposed first?
Max: Shh, that's our secret.

The comments continued on and on. I only posted stories and posts occasionally but wouldn't bother to check the comments as I wasn't so active on social media like that. I could see why Net would misunderstand, given that the comments were like that. But I wonder why Max would reply in this manner?

I sighed as I just put my phone away. I texted Max to ask if he was free to meet. Max agreed and said he would come over to my place with dinner. I agreed and went to take a quick shower and was making some tea when he popped by.

"Heyyyyy, I'm here, with your favourite Pho!"

"Come on in. Do you want any tea?"

"Na. Not yet. We are going to eat so I will have tea later."

I nodded. We had our dinner and conversations flowed as usual. Max and I have known each other for so long, and we always had something to chat about. The last fight we had really messed us up a bit, but we had made peace and moved on. 

Once we were done with dinner, I was making ice cream sundaes for us whilst Max washed and kept the bowls away. We settled down with our dessert and a cup of tea when I finally broached the topic.

"Hey, I was just reading the comments on my stories and posts on ig. What's with the fans? So weird, right? Shipping us together?"

"I guess. You know, fans. They just think they lead our lives."

"Yea. And I think it's important we don't feed or encourage that unnecessarily, right?"

Max shifted his stance a bit after that, just nodding but not saying a word.

"I saw your replies to the comments, too. Why don't you just say nothing or don't encourage them like that? You know it isn't true. I don't want any misunderstandings to occur."

"What misunderstandings? Nunew knows we aren't dating. Our circle of friends knows we are just very good pals. That's all that matters. Isn't it?"

I sighed. "Max.. look.. I know you and Net have your differences. And definitely didn't start on a good note. But I like that guy. Like more than a friend. I'm not saying you two have to be best friends, but just don't create any further misunderstandings, please."

"You know I hate him, and you like him!? No. He'll no. This can not be happening. He pissed me off when he interfered between us the other time. Then, when he came over, I made it very clear that you were there for me and no one else."

I stared dumbfounded at Max. "What did you do?"

"Something I should have just done from the start. I know he sees social media. So if it keeps him from you, then I don't see any wrong in my actions."

"Max Kornthas Rujeerattanavorapan!" I shouted, standing up, the dessert bowl clattering to the floor. This is the first time I ever had lost my temper at Max in all of our years of knowing each other.

Max stood up, completely stunned by my reaction.

"Get out."

"What are you saying?"

"I said get out. GET OUT. GO HOME. I don't want to see you."

"Zee.... don't say things you will regret. Its me. We are best friends. We don't say such things to each other."

"Neither do they backstab each other. Best friends have each other's backs, Max. Not ruin things for each other. You know I like him. You can see. You can tell. You know how I am around someone I like and you ruined it for me. Because of you, I stuck up for you and told him off, thinking he was being nonsensical. Only to find out his jealousy has been practically unloaded on him by your actions. Why, why Max?"

Max fell extremely silent. I just went to open my front door and stood there. He finally made his way out but wanted to stop and look at me but I just shut the door on him. I was literally shaking in anger. Of all people.

Why was it Max? And to think I didn't even give Net half the chance I gave to my best friend.